True or false ?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by hobbit, Nov 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This was received from a very reliable source, however, as with many things , particularly on the web, it is wise to seek confirmation. So, is this accurate ?

Subject: UK Memorial

It is a matter of history that when Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.

He did this because he said in words to this effect: "Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the track of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened"

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

In Memorial

This week, the UK removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because

it "offended" the Muslim population which claims it never occurred.

This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended.
    This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the
    six million Jews,

20 million Russians,

10 million Christians

and 1,900 Catholic priests
    who were murdered, massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated

while the German and Russia peoples looking the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be "a myth,"

it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

This e-mail is intended to reach 40 million people worldwide!

Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world.

Don't just delete this. It will take a minute to pass this along.

2. K'inell! point made, just shows how warped religion can be, lest forget christianity was just as destructive many moons ago, no religion is squeeky clean!

3. If you have SKY, this segment of history occurs on a regular basis, in all its graphic horror. You can't rewrite history - IT HAPPENED! My late Dad was one of those who entered Belsen - he ALWAYS made me aware of what he'd seen and smelt, which made him particularly angry - he said if all the politicians who wanted to wage another war had smelt that odour, there would never be another war EVER. From such lessons of history, little has been learned - and to claim it never happened is an insult to the 50 million who perished - if it upsets a few people, remember there are 50 million families who lost relatives - when will we remember THEIR sacrifice and say to the newomers to our culture "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THE DEPARTURE LOUNGE IS THAT WAY"

4. Hoax

Snopes is your friend, stops you making yourself look a complete fool for propagating these chain emails.

Gash barge

5. TY it was not intended that this be made a chain email and I never support them. I should have deleted that part. I was looking for the true or false bit as I received the email from a very reliable fellow, ex RN chief. I will refer to Snopes in the future and in retrospect it is too much to believe and yet so many unthinkable things are happening TYA

6. This bull shit has been flying arround for ages..It is TOTAL BOLLOCKS.

It was started to wind in the stupid and gullable, a good bit of anti Muslim bullshit.

Seems to have worked

7. Holocaust

I received the following email today:

It is a matter of history that when Supreme Commander of the Allied
    Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death
    camps he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the
    German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the
    camps and even made to bury the dead.
    He did this because he said in words to this effect:

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -
    because somewhere down the track of history some bastard will get
    up and say that this never happened'

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

This week, the UK removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offended' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred.
    This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and
    how easily each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended.
    This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the
    six million Jews,
    20 million Russians,
    10 million Christians
    and 1,900 Catholic priests
    who were murdered, massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated
    while the German and Russian people looked the other way!

Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust
    to be 'a myth,'
    it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

This e-mail is intended to reach 40 million people worldwide!

Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world.

Don't just delete this. It will take a minute to pass this along.

What do you think shippers?

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Re: Holocaust

Not quite true! In fact not very true at all, one school stopped teaching one year group about the holocaust as the result of an academic report, that doesn't mean I agree with their decision I just hate these "outraged" rants.

Try looking these things up the internet is a wonderful thing when used properly: Snopes is generally very good.