Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck driver who 'stabbed hijacker to death defending lorry'

Rosy I must have missed the apology. Is there a bunk in 3A Mess, 3rd Deck, West Wing, HMP Wormwood Scubs for a submariner who un-arrested a good few for the use of reasonable force in his Plod Career.

Nutty

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Re: Truck driver who 'stabbed hijacker to death defending lo

Nutty said:
rosinacarley said:
Of course I do. Self defence is a defined legal concept. Each case of minimum force turns on its facts.

Rosy

I am only half way thru this thread and I need to say

1. Where do you keep getting this word "minimum" from. The actual word used is "reasonable" a whole different ball game to the impression you are trying to give.

Nutty

Thank you Nutty,

Been trying to explain that difference to the wilfully blind these last 8 pages

Oil_Slick said:
Nutty said:
rosinacarley said:
Of course I do. Self defence is a defined legal concept. Each case of minimum force turns on its facts.

Rosy

I am only half way thru this thread and I need to say

1. Where do you keep getting this word "minimum" from. The actual word used is "reasonable" a whole different ball game to the impression you are trying to give.

Nutty

Thank you Nutty,

Been trying to explain that difference to the wilfully blind these last 8 pages

Oil Slick

Just put it down to the ARROGANCE that is prevalent in the Legal Profession who seem to think anyone who is not qualified in some small way can have no understanding of the law.

Nutty

Nutty said:
Rosy I must have missed the apology. Is there a bunk in 3A Mess, 3rd Deck, West Wing, HMP Wormwood Scubs for a submariner who un-arrested a good few for the use of reasonable force in his Plod Career.

Nutty

The point I was inadequately trying to make, is that we don't know it was reasonable force do we?

Its quite clear that several people have gone off on one because I would rather unhold the rule of law than read the Daily Mail. Now if you don't mind I have cats to cuddle and pink spangly things to stick on things.

Oil_Slick

War Hero

rosinacarley said:
Nutty said:

Nutty

The point I was inadequately trying to make, is that we don't know it was reasonable force do we?

Its quite clear that several people have gone off on one because I would rather unhold the rule of law than read the Daily Mail. Now if you don't mind I have cats to cuddle and pink spangly things to stick on things.

Yes we do, see the CPS guidance I posted back at the beginning. If you are outnumbered you can use more 'force' than if it's a one on without that force becoming 'unreasonable'…

The law is really pretty simple in this respect.

slim

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
You know it is reasonable from reading the Daily Mail report?

You know it's reasonable because there are still two of the bastards alive unfortunately.

rosinacarley said:

Rosy

As I have previously stated you were using the word minimum, and in the World of Lawyers if a word is not contested then it become the truth and nothing but the truth.

After 9 pages you appear to have been battered into submission and accept that what the law actually says is reasonable. In the event of a dispute, then a Jury can decide what is reasonable as they did in the case of Tony Martin and I agreed with them. Its like dishonesty a state of mind and if unclear then the jury and jury alone decide.

Nutty

alacrity174

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
Nutty said:
battered into submission Nutty

Never! Bored more like it!

Rosie

My little lumpy jumper part time matelot, all the time pain in the stern.

You really are infuriating with you absolute unwillingness to concede that you were and are wrong.

Your opinions are your own and you are welcome to them, BUT in the real world 3 v 1 is not a fair fight and in self defence you are able to use whatever implement comes to hand. As obviously as has been cooberated by other news sources not just the Mail, these thugs had baseball bats and were your proto typical Bad guys with arrest warrents a mile long.

So can you please admit for once in your existance you were wrong and that this poor chap was within his rights.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero

rosinacarley said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Oil_Slick said:
I see all the idiots making excuses for the dynamic trio have chosen NOT to wind back from their postions now the true natured of the dearly departed has been revealed.
The learned Counsel for the Defence ...er hold on Counsel for the Prosecution of the Greek knife wielding thug....er I mean noble Greek Knight of the Road seem to have retired from Criminal Practice. :roll:
Back to Conveyancing again. :cry:

:wink:

Ooops it should have been this one. Apologies for not replying Royal, I have a life which does not revolve around waiting on here to be abused by you. I had to go to Plymouth to see my sick father.
Dry your eyes suger t!#$, I might have a little more respect for your 'legal' opinions if you managed to get the terminology correct for a start.
There is no such definition as minimum force as a defence against attack it is reasonable force. That means if 3 men attack you with baseball bats a jury (And not some pretentious 2nd Year Law student.) may find that stabbing them was a reaonable form of defending yourself.
If that is your knowledge of criminal law at this stage of your career, I'd forego the expense of outfitting yourself with wig and gown for your big debut at the Magistrates Court for a while yet.

slim

War Hero

Now I wonder how Rosie would react if some of these misunderstood young men (otherwise known as scum) were to attack hubbies train or worse still mistreat her moggies?

slim said:
rosinacarley said:

You know it's reasonable because there are still two of the bastards alive unfortunately.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cops have pulled in a fourth member of the wannabe lorry hijacker
team ---------he probably legged it coz he couldn't stand the sight of blood

G

I have an image of Slim in my mind, sat in the cab of his Union Jack painted outrage wagon, a nice array of knives to hand, a few old copies of the daily mail scattered around with inane scribbling like "Bastards!!" and "Send them back" all over them. He's waiting for a trio of robbers composed of one Polish, one Carribean and one Pakistani to come and have try and steal his load of Enoch powell posters he was hauling.

slim

War Hero

Montigny_La_Palisse said:
I have an image of Slim in my mind, sat in the cab of his Union Jack painted outrage wagon, a nice array of knives to hand, a few old copies of the daily mail scattered around with inane scribbling like "Bastards!!" and "Send them back" all over them. He's waiting for a trio of robbers composed of one Polish, one Carribean and one Pakistani to come and have try and steal his load of Enoch powell posters he was hauling.

Don't know where you get that image from.
Poles are a hard working group usually and I prefer Poles to the home grown Chav scum we seem to have bred in recent years.
No problem with Caribbeans either got pissed with enough of them during my time.
As for Pakistanis, look at my postings, I don't think that I have ever slagged them off as a race. I have slagged off individuals who have robbed our benefit system.
As for Enoch Powell, he was before your time and his words are starting to sound almost prophetic, rivers of blood anyone. He was a good politician who was not afraid to speak out, unlike today's politicians who are afraid that anything they say may be construed as racist.
Yes I read the Mail also The Times, Telegraph, Independent and Express among others, all available on line.
Now I put my Hand up and state that I am to the right of Genghis Khan.
I stand for Law & Order, Fairness, a Social security system fit for purpose and not a ticket for a life of idleness, Politicians to be more accountable to the electorate and those caught breaking the law to be given appropriate prison sentences to be served in real prisons and not guest houses,

And you stand for?

Seadog

War Hero

Some chopping of posts that go off topic, rant or just don't come up to standard. There is plenty of space in Lil's for those who want to post when pissed or when their brain is otherwise at stand easy. Please post there and leave Current Affairs for those who want a serious discussion. It was ever thus.

And thingy, you appear to be reverting to your AAC days with your non stop beefer innuendo. Give it a rest.

In all seriousness Slim, I'm not going to go to great lenght about my Political views, I'll leave you in the knowledge that I'm a Centre left moderate social Liberal, make of that what you will.

slim

War Hero

In all seriousness Slim, I'm not going to go to great lenght about my Political views, I'll leave you in the knowledge that I'm a Centre left moderate social Liberal, make of that what you will.

Ah so you belong to the group who have turned GB into what it is today. :twisted:

slim said:

Ah so you belong to the group who have turned GB into what it is today. :twisted:

No, I said CENTRE left MODERATE social Liberal. It's a big spectrum, don't tar me with the looney left brush.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sgt Jobsearch Fork Lift Truck Engineer - East Yorkshie - £20,800 - £21,840 DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
bigbaddog Big Rock+Big Truck=Bolloxed The Gash Barge 2
ukdaytona Whats the best name you ever seen on the side of a van/truck The Gash Barge 16
MoD_RSS Bolton drug driver is jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vocational driver conduct statutory document updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: letter from DVSA Chief Executive to driver and rider trainers about restarting instruction and tests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: letter from DVSA Chief Executive to driver and rider trainers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to BBC story about minicab driver qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tanker driver fined for discharging waste onto public highway MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regulators launch consultation on professional driver conduct guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Extended bankruptcy restrictions for Leicester taxi driver MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver (C+E) - Wickford - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver (C/C+E) - Calne - £Competitive + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch 7.5 Tonne Driver - West London - £26,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver (Articulated Lorry) - Swallowfield - £31,200 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Route Planner / HGV Class 2 Driver - Weybridge - £17,680 + allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver's Mate - Winslow - £Competitive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver/Operative - Winslow - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch LGV (Cat C) Driver - Bristol - £8.75 per hour The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class One (C+E) Driver - Germany - £19,236 to £21,068 (OTE £26,564) + Allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 2 Driver - Essex- £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Class 2 HGV Driver - Tottenham - £26,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (7.5 Ton) - Boldon - £16,500 + Overtime & Bonus The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) - Lichfield - £13,999 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Yard Operative/Driver - Warrington - £Competitive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS LGV Driver - Banbury The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Yard Assistant/Relief Driver - North Yorkshire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 C+E Driver - Essex - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) - Staffordshire - £13,999 pro rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS HGV 1 C&E Driver The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV 1 (C&E) Driver - Nationwide - £25,955 - £26,455 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS LGV C&E Driver - Frome The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver Class 2 (C) - Leeds - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Leeds - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Class 1 Driver - Bressingham, Norfolk The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob HIAB Driver Class 2 - Bristol The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 2 Driver - Hayes - £23,400 basic (OTE £27,500) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) - Basildon - £16,895 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class One Recovery Driver - Essex - £10.00 per hour + Overtime and Shift Allowance The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Low Loader Driver - West Sussex The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch LGV Category C Driver - London - Circa £26,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Basford - £21,250 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Class 1 HGV Driver earn over £710/week - Lancashire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver Class 2 (C) - London - £23,000 per annum The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV 1 / HGV 2 Driver - Southampton - £35K - £40K including allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Cheshire - £26,884 - £29,952 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob HGV 1 Driver - Dartford, Kent The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV C + E Driver x 2 - Surrey - £34,000 - £35,000 + overtime The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Driver Trainer - Middlesborough - £25k to £28k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Car Transporter Driver - Birmingham - £27,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0