Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck driver who 'stabbed hijacker to death defending lorry'

Re: Truck driver who 'stabbed hijacker to death defending lo

NZ_Bootneck said:
Oopps better not get too excited, your soaring Testosterone levels will upset some other less fortunate members. :twisted:

Am I going to be confined to the "cell of evil self-defence supporters" as well? Ah well at least the old and bold will have some good dits to spin!

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero

Potential_Officer said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Oopps better not get too excited, your soaring Testosterone levels will upset some other less fortunate members. :twisted:

Am I going to be confined to the "cell of evil self-defence supporters" as well? Ah well at least the old and bold will have some good dits to spin!
I will gladly spin a dit or twa, that is until my head explodes in a pink mist due to the lack of sexual release, as my inability to be aroused by a bit of male skin, causes my (non plastic) testicles to swell as if infected with the dread Elephantitis and the resulting increase in blood presure causes a massive embolism to shower you in gore and brain matter.
At least you'll be able to apply for early realease on compassionate grounds or a trip to the showers. 8O

Oil_Slick

War Hero

Top stuff!

Driver out of bail, poor 'victims' in detention helping the Police with their enquiries

Pair quizzed over Birmingham stabbing death
Mar 2 2009 Birmingham Post

Detectives investigating an attempted lorry robbery which resulted in one man being stabbed to death have been granted more time to question two men, police said.

Dean Skidmore, 36, died from his injuries after he was wounded at the Station Road Industrial Estate in Coleshill, Birmingham, on Thursday morning.

Police sources have revealed that Skidmore, of Brierley Hill, Dudley, had a long list of convictions before he set out on what turned out to be his final attempted robbery.

A 34-year-old man and 15-year-old boy who were injured in the incident were arrested following their release from Sandwell Hospital, near Birmingham.

Yesterday Warwickshire Police said they had been granted an extension of detention to carry on questioning the two men.

They said the 41-year-old lorry driver, who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Thursday, was given bail yesterday to return to the police station later in the week.

Police were first called to the injured driver and his curtain-sided truck, parked on the industrial estate, at around 6.20am on Thursday.

About 10 minutes later, West Midlands Ambulance Service received a report that another man was bleeding badly in a car on the northbound carriageway of the M6 motorway.

Despite the emergency call-out, the car containing three injured men was driven directly to Birmingham’s Sandwell Hospital.

Skidmore, 36, died from loss of blood from a stab wound.

He had a long criminal past, having served several jail sentences for handling stolen goods, theft and other offences.

He first appeared at Wolverhampton Crown Court in December, 1993, on a charge of dangerous driving and was later jailed for two years for the offence.

In February, 2002, he appeared at Wolverhampton Crown Court along with two co-accused accused of conspiring to handle stolen goods, but the charge was discontinued.

In July, 2005, Skidmore again appeared at Wolverhampton Crown Court where he was jailed for four years for money laundering, burglary, handling stolen goods and dangerous driving. The offences involved £90,000 of property.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Ah is there a fund for flowers for the dearly departed? Better make sure it's properly banked as his light fingered mates will have it away. :lol:
Hopefully his partners in crime will undergo a long and painful recovery. Pikey cnuts.

Oil_Slick

War Hero

I see all the idiots making excuses for the dynamic trio have chosen NOT to wind back from their postions now the true natured of the dearly departed has been revealed.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero

Many have balls, few are called to play with them. :lol:

slim

War Hero

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero

Oil_Slick said:
I see all the idiots making excuses for the dynamic trio have chosen NOT to wind back from their postions now the true natured of the dearly departed has been revealed.
The learned Counsel for the Defence ...er hold on Counsel for the Prosecution of the Greek knife wielding thug....er I mean noble Greek Knight of the Road seem to have retired from Criminal Practice. :roll:
Back to Conveyancing again. :cry:

:wink:

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero

slim said:
Ajax said:
"He was a notorious lorry-jacker,known to forces across England". The deceased Mr. Dean Skidmore is also described as a " modern-day highwayman" in the report I have just read on www.birminghampost.net. The Birmingham Post is the chosen paper of Brum's educated elite.

http://www.birminghampost.net/news/...ver-birmingham-stabbing-death-65233-23040090/

May I be the first to thank our Greek friend for the service he hasdone to the community.
He should be ashamed of himself..he let the other two pikey cnuts live. :p

slim

War Hero

NZ_Bootneck said:
slim said:
Ajax said:
"He was a notorious lorry-jacker,known to forces across England". The deceased Mr. Dean Skidmore is also described as a " modern-day highwayman" in the report I have just read on www.birminghampost.net. The Birmingham Post is the chosen paper of Brum's educated elite.

http://www.birminghampost.net/news/...ver-birmingham-stabbing-death-65233-23040090/

May I be the first to thank our Greek friend for the service he hasdone to the community.
He should be ashamed of himself..he let the other two pikey cnuts live. :p

In some ways I agree, however I reckon the other two will now avoid robbing trucks, well at least those with Greek plates :p

Daktari

Banned
The question is now - who gets charged with what??? The Greek gets done for Murder / Manslaughter / ABH?? But do the two accomplices get done for attempted robbery (because by theor own admission they were attempting to rob the truck when they were set upon by said Greek) or does the fact that Knife welding Greek has caused them traumatic stress by disembowelling their oppo mean that they walk away from it with a pat on the head???

Oil_Slick

War Hero

Well, maybe if said Chavs had been to school and gotten some education they would have realized that pissing of Greeks is not clever…

The Greeks do have a bit of form with big shives…

'The M6 Motorway remained closed yesterday morning as Police officers from West Midlands Police and Warwickshire Police investigated'..

As I read it this happened in a lay-by or industrial area. Pray tell why one of the busiest routes in the country need by closed.
Roads seem to be closed at a drop of a hat. Or, in this case a drop of robbing bstard.
Every time there is even a minor injuries only prang the entire road seems to be closed.
Why not just get everything off to the side and keep the traffic moving.

slim said:
Ajax said:

Sorry Royal, I had a life this weekend which involved travelling to see my sick father.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Daktari said:
The question is now - who gets charged with what??? The Greek gets done for Murder / Manslaughter / ABH?? But do the two accomplices get done for attempted robbery (because by theor own admission they were attempting to rob the truck when they were set upon by said Greek) or does the fact that Knife welding Greek has caused them traumatic stress by disembowelling their oppo mean that they walk away from it with a pat on the head???

Greek released on bail, the two survivors arrested on their release from hospital and charged with conspiracy to rob - police are apparently looking for another person in connection with this case too.

Oil_Slick

War Hero

rosinacarley said:
slim said:
Ajax said:

Sorry Royal, I had a life this weekend which involved travelling to see my sick father.

And that has what to do with this thread precisely?

NZ_Bootneck said:
Oil_Slick said:
The learned Counsel for the Defence ...er hold on Counsel for the Prosecution of the Greek knife wielding thug....er I mean noble Greek Knight of the Road seem to have retired from Criminal Practice. :roll:
Back to Conveyancing again. :cry:

:wink:

Ooops it should have been this one. Apologies for not replying Royal, I have a life which does not revolve around waiting on here to be abused by you. I had to go to Plymouth to see my sick father.

rosinacarley said:
Of course I do. Self defence is a defined legal concept. Each case of minimum force turns on its facts.

Rosy

I am only half way thru this thread and I need to say

1. Where do you keep getting this word "minimum" from. The actual word used is "reasonable" a whole different ball game to the impression you are trying to give.

2. I am an Officer of the Court therefore I cannot have any politics. Bo**ks, Just why is Parliament full of Solicitors, Lawyers, Barristers, Judges and similar ilk who must by your definition be Officers of the Court. Perhaps they are not political, just self seeking bar stewards, that would explain everything.

I may return by the time I get to page 8 as I am only on page 4.

Nutty

keep reading sweetie, I apologised for not concentrating later in this fascinating (not) thread. I was trying to multi task but failed miserably.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sgt Jobsearch Fork Lift Truck Engineer - East Yorkshie - £20,800 - £21,840 DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
bigbaddog Big Rock+Big Truck=Bolloxed The Gash Barge 2
ukdaytona Whats the best name you ever seen on the side of a van/truck The Gash Barge 16
MoD_RSS Bolton drug driver is jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vocational driver conduct statutory document updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: letter from DVSA Chief Executive to driver and rider trainers about restarting instruction and tests MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: letter from DVSA Chief Executive to driver and rider trainers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to BBC story about minicab driver qualifications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tanker driver fined for discharging waste onto public highway MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Regulators launch consultation on professional driver conduct guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Extended bankruptcy restrictions for Leicester taxi driver MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver (C+E) - Wickford - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver (C/C+E) - Calne - £Competitive + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch 7.5 Tonne Driver - West London - £26,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver (Articulated Lorry) - Swallowfield - £31,200 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Route Planner / HGV Class 2 Driver - Weybridge - £17,680 + allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver's Mate - Winslow - £Competitive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver/Operative - Winslow - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch LGV (Cat C) Driver - Bristol - £8.75 per hour The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class One (C+E) Driver - Germany - £19,236 to £21,068 (OTE £26,564) + Allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 2 Driver - Essex- £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Class 2 HGV Driver - Tottenham - £26,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (7.5 Ton) - Boldon - £16,500 + Overtime & Bonus The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) - Lichfield - £13,999 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Yard Operative/Driver - Warrington - £Competitive Salary + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS LGV Driver - Banbury The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Yard Assistant/Relief Driver - North Yorkshire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 C+E Driver - Essex - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) - Staffordshire - £13,999 pro rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS HGV 1 C&E Driver The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV 1 (C&E) Driver - Nationwide - £25,955 - £26,455 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS LGV C&E Driver - Frome The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver Class 2 (C) - Leeds - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Leeds - £Competitive + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Class 1 Driver - Bressingham, Norfolk The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob HIAB Driver Class 2 - Bristol The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 2 Driver - Hayes - £23,400 basic (OTE £27,500) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) - Basildon - £16,895 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class One Recovery Driver - Essex - £10.00 per hour + Overtime and Shift Allowance The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Low Loader Driver - West Sussex The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch LGV Category C Driver - London - Circa £26,000 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Basford - £21,250 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Class 1 HGV Driver earn over £710/week - Lancashire The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Driver Class 2 (C) - London - £23,000 per annum The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV 1 / HGV 2 Driver - Southampton - £35K - £40K including allowances The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV Class 1 Driver - Cheshire - £26,884 - £29,952 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob HGV 1 Driver - Dartford, Kent The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch HGV C + E Driver x 2 - Surrey - £34,000 - £35,000 + overtime The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Driver Trainer - Middlesborough - £25k to £28k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Car Transporter Driver - Birmingham - £27,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0