Truck driver who 'stabbed hijacker to death defending lorry'

Rosy I must have missed the apology. Is there a bunk in 3A Mess, 3rd Deck, West Wing, HMP Wormwood Scubs for a submariner who un-arrested a good few for the use of reasonable force in his Plod Career.

Nutty

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Re: Truck driver who 'stabbed hijacker to death defending lo

Nutty said:
rosinacarley said:
Of course I do. Self defence is a defined legal concept. Each case of minimum force turns on its facts.

Rosy

I am only half way thru this thread and I need to say

1. Where do you keep getting this word "minimum" from. The actual word used is "reasonable" a whole different ball game to the impression you are trying to give.

Nutty

Thank you Nutty,

Been trying to explain that difference to the wilfully blind these last 8 pages

Oil_Slick said:
Nutty said:
rosinacarley said:
Of course I do. Self defence is a defined legal concept. Each case of minimum force turns on its facts.

Rosy

I am only half way thru this thread and I need to say

1. Where do you keep getting this word "minimum" from. The actual word used is "reasonable" a whole different ball game to the impression you are trying to give.

Nutty

Thank you Nutty,

Been trying to explain that difference to the wilfully blind these last 8 pages

Oil Slick

Just put it down to the ARROGANCE that is prevalent in the Legal Profession who seem to think anyone who is not qualified in some small way can have no understanding of the law.

Nutty

Nutty said:
Rosy I must have missed the apology. Is there a bunk in 3A Mess, 3rd Deck, West Wing, HMP Wormwood Scubs for a submariner who un-arrested a good few for the use of reasonable force in his Plod Career.

Nutty

The point I was inadequately trying to make, is that we don't know it was reasonable force do we?

Its quite clear that several people have gone off on one because I would rather unhold the rule of law than read the Daily Mail. Now if you don't mind I have cats to cuddle and pink spangly things to stick on things.

Oil_Slick

War Hero

rosinacarley said:
Nutty said:

Nutty

The point I was inadequately trying to make, is that we don't know it was reasonable force do we?

Its quite clear that several people have gone off on one because I would rather unhold the rule of law than read the Daily Mail. Now if you don't mind I have cats to cuddle and pink spangly things to stick on things.

Yes we do, see the CPS guidance I posted back at the beginning. If you are outnumbered you can use more 'force' than if it's a one on without that force becoming 'unreasonable'…

The law is really pretty simple in this respect.

rosinacarley said:
You know it is reasonable from reading the Daily Mail report?

Rosy

As I have previously stated you were using the word minimum, and in the World of Lawyers if a word is not contested then it become the truth and nothing but the truth.

After 9 pages you appear to have been battered into submission and accept that what the law actually says is reasonable. In the event of a dispute, then a Jury can decide what is reasonable as they did in the case of Tony Martin and I agreed with them. Its like dishonesty a state of mind and if unclear then the jury and jury alone decide.

Nutty

alacrity174

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
Nutty said:
battered into submission Nutty

Never! Bored more like it!

Rosie

My little lumpy jumper part time matelot, all the time pain in the stern.

You really are infuriating with you absolute unwillingness to concede that you were and are wrong.

Your opinions are your own and you are welcome to them, BUT in the real world 3 v 1 is not a fair fight and in self defence you are able to use whatever implement comes to hand. As obviously as has been cooberated by other news sources not just the Mail, these thugs had baseball bats and were your proto typical Bad guys with arrest warrents a mile long.

So can you please admit for once in your existance you were wrong and that this poor chap was within his rights.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero

rosinacarley said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Oil_Slick said:
I see all the idiots making excuses for the dynamic trio have chosen NOT to wind back from their postions now the true natured of the dearly departed has been revealed.
The learned Counsel for the Defence ...er hold on Counsel for the Prosecution of the Greek knife wielding thug....er I mean noble Greek Knight of the Road seem to have retired from Criminal Practice. :roll:
Back to Conveyancing again. :cry:

:wink:

Ooops it should have been this one. Apologies for not replying Royal, I have a life which does not revolve around waiting on here to be abused by you. I had to go to Plymouth to see my sick father.
Dry your eyes suger t!#$, I might have a little more respect for your 'legal' opinions if you managed to get the terminology correct for a start.
There is no such definition as minimum force as a defence against attack it is reasonable force. That means if 3 men attack you with baseball bats a jury (And not some pretentious 2nd Year Law student.) may find that stabbing them was a reaonable form of defending yourself.
If that is your knowledge of criminal law at this stage of your career, I'd forego the expense of outfitting yourself with wig and gown for your big debut at the Magistrates Court for a while yet.

slim

War Hero

Now I wonder how Rosie would react if some of these misunderstood young men (otherwise known as scum) were to attack hubbies train or worse still mistreat her moggies?

Latest Threads