Trooping the Colour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Topstop, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The finest piece of highly coordinated formation bimbling I have seen since last year is just starting. :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

2. I love it, hope it will be a tradition that will last for ever!

3. I wish they would bring back the Royal Tornemant!!!

4. For those who wish to see this "spectacle" WITHOUT all thes foreign "Grockes" get on down to the smoke one and/or two weeks before to seem them rehearse. :batman: :dwarf:

5. Is it a requirement for Officer's in the Guards to grow those rather odd sideburns? They look like something out of Sharpe!

6. I was a bit disapointed with the fly past. I was hoping to see some helo's seen as they are the ones pretty much doing all the work at the mo, but on the other hand they are probbaly all deployed!

7. Or grounded and in this country unable to fly.

8. Try that man for treason! :threaten: :threaten:

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

RAF aircraft airborne for 'Trooping the Colour'? But it was at the weekend... :twisted:

10. I have always loved the spectacle of this event and can honestly say I was very glad that the Welsh Guards were trooping their colour so soon after the 26th anniversary of their ill fated day of the Falklands. Plus the fact that my father in law is an ex Welsh Guard.

11. I love Trooping the Colour. With the PC Society we live in these days its great to see some traditions still going strong!

Although I did wonder why Prince William was wearing his Army Uniform. Is he currently not "Sub Lt" Wales and therefore should he not have been wearing his Naval No 1's?? :confused:

12. It's an Army occasion, so Army uniform is appropriate. However, I do wonder why Vice-Admiral Laurence was wearing 5s when everyone else was in full dress.

13. I swear the drill gets worse and worse every year. Sign of the times I guess.

A bone question as may be, however why does the RAF get in on this and not the RN/RM? Or did I miss something from the highlights show?

14. Cos you can't do a sailpast through horse Guards parade :thumright:

15. lol, tis a shame.

16. LOL!

17. You could stick a few RIBs on the Serpentine!!!!!

18. Have you ever seen royal do drill???? It was a complete farce when we got presented our new colours. On one of the commands in front of hundreds of spectators and tv cameras, a third of the parade turned one way a third the other and the middle lot were doing about turns and looking like lost sheep.

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I thought you Triangle Technicians were good at drill? :wink:

20. They are the exception to the rule.