Trooped Walt

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fallen 'Hero'

Someone finally worked out he wasnt old enough.
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"He was prosecuted under the 1955 Army Act"

Do you accept my award or trial by Court Martial? :lol:
  3. I say good fcuking drills, the man is a hero.
  4. As they say down here in pointy head land "Get On" 24 years younger lucky tw*t he could have borrowed some of mine for a twos up
  5. I'm amazed he isn't walking slightly lopsided from the weight of all that metalwork!
  6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MOD's. Can this be moved to the Walt sticky?
  7. Well now we can all sleep safely in our beds that this MONSTER has been caged!

Lets round up all the children who dress as "heroes" and slam dunk them now.
  8. Fcuk off, I worked hard for my Batman cape :twisted:
  9. His 60 hours of community service should be spent at either Headley Court or Selly Oak Hospital,I am sure our guys and gals would give him a heroes welcome!!!
  10. I have often wondered the reaction by veterans if a RMR or TA vet arrived wearing no medals just the beret say red or green for which he was entitled to having earned the right would that person be called a WALT.
  11. I don't understand that. If they've earned the right to wear it why would they be a walt?
  12. Just the mutterings I have heard from a few people. The other half asked why I have never worn my green beret at rememberance parade. Look at him he was only in the TA I heard somebody comment one time a while back when a local lad in RA TA marched past. Wearing medals you are not entitled to and a beret you have earned are different
  13. I'm outing that little cnut next door, there's no way he has a fieldcraft badge and cooking, he's only been a scout two months.
  14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In my experience, those who cry walt are those who have either never served or those that did, but feel so insecure about their service that they question those who wear Maroon/Green lids etc, because they never had the balls to go for it, so anyone that wears one must be a walt in their mind. These are the sort of people that love reading novels written by former members of "Them". If you have earned something, wear it.
  15. so if you qualified as a submariner can you wear dolphins,after all submariners do it deeper! LOL
  16. I don't see the difference between a ex-regular or ex-reservist wearing their beret of whatever colour at Remembrance. There are plenty of old and bold who have served for long careers and have no operational gong. The next logical step is that we should then question the right of a chef who doesn't leave Bastion for 6 months to wear his OSM because he didn't serve in FOB or go the other side of the gate.

The best view I've heard on all of this is the 'integrity and friendship' argument; only you and those that served with you know what you've done and therefore what the gong means to you. Beyond that it's down to who you are now and what you feel is the right thing to do and not do, wear and not wear.
  17. Ah fcuk it you lot have worn me down.
    Next Nov 11Th I will now wear my Jim'll fix it and my blue peter badge. I was gonna wear the badge I stole from the chipper club, but one of you tawts will out me.
  18. If they bring the skimmer badge in can I wear one for time spent on the gosport ferry?
  19. But did you ,......I mean did you really serve on the Gosport Ferry Walt :D
  20. No, only one would ever be issued and the recipient will be andym . :)