Troop bonus to double

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by NotmeChief, Dec 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

All very good making empty promises but the reality is there isn't any new cash so the additional will either have to be treasury provided or will come from somewhere else in Defence.
  2. A cynical attempt to win votes I would not trust any of the barstewards further than I could spit.
  3. Seconded, it is easy to rip apart Gordon Brown for the average punter only because he actually presents tangible items to the table. Cameron seems to base his entire campaign on rebuking every aspect of Brown's party and manifesto, rather than actually present any concrete evidence of his own labours.

Don't get me wrong, if I had my way there'd be none of them ;)
  4. can i have your share then!!
  5. The last time I strutted round a bazaar I got something nicked as well !
  6. Irrespective of the reason behind it, if you are on the receiving end you aint gonna say no.

It just shows he knows more than broon how to tote for votes.
  7. And the money will come from where, the pensioners winter fuel allowance?
  8. Having been a voter for longer than I care to elucidate upon, every attempt to win my vote has been cynical... and they wonder why we are cynical of them... I'm with fink.... apathy rules O.K.
  9. Oi! Leave the pensioners' fuel allowance alone :evil: it pays for my winter central heating (about five bottles of Pusser's rum :D )
    Mrs Mango wastes her half! :oops:

10. I work this out at costing an extra £48 million a year. Shoudnt be to hard to claw that backfrom chav scum somehow really.
  11. No more cynical than what the incumbent government is up to. Sitting for the next six months with their thumbs up their bumbs raking in their ministerial pay and expenses and telling us all the nice things they will do if we are stupid enough to re elect them.

Darling Darlings feeble attempts to be nasty to the bankers is a classic. Try to get the voters to hate some one even more than us.
  12. Danny, thanks for doing the sums - if it is only £48m then the savings from MP allowances and other reforms of the House of Come-ons should make a pretty convincing dent in that bill!
  13. There's that flying pig going past my window again.....