Trolls, twats and tossers

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

RR seems to be a magnet for trolls, twats and tossers, the type of people that wouldn't last 5 minites on Arrse because they'd get ripped to shreds.

Why is this? is it because the membership on RR is a bit more laid back? or are the afore mentioned tossers etc to scared to take on Arrse and see RR as the easy option?

What ever their reasons it's wearing a bit thin.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Hear, hear!" :thumright:
  3. Uh Oh....................ARRSE attracted a jillion 'Trolls, Twats & Tossers on a weekly basis, still a large portion over there, just too many decent members to cover them up.

RR is growing but we have to be thankful, we ain't got as many trolls, like ARRSE has.
  4. Go into any of the messes in a large RN establishment, or one of their nearby annexes, and you will see why. This is normal behaviour for matelots, a bunch of twats and tossers in the main.
    Me, I'm just a loveable Troll!
  5. Maybe RR should introduce, if it does not exist already, an Oxygen Thief badge like on ARRSE.

Or have a shame forum where the culprits are named and shamed and given an opportunity to review their ways.
  6. We do have this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,however, they seem to wear it like a frigging trophy!
  7. All the above need food to feed on. Deny them their replies and they gain no satisfaction. It is difficult when the subject matter is close to your heart but it is the only way. :thumright:
  8. This is not a "woe me" post but an attempt to give readers an insight as to the question posed by wet_blobby. As a member of Rum Ration having been labelled a "troll" by certain but not all of the moderators and members of this site. I feel I must participate in this debate. I must add that although behaving like a twat in the past many of my posts are actually relevant and informative. However once labelled a troll always a troll in the eyes of some. It seems to matter not one iota whether or not my post has substance or not.

Certain site members immediately comment negatively and some resort to nothing short of a tirade of foul language and abuse. Such as :Idiotdeeper take yer head for a shit, your a cock. I fail to realise the penis twinge you get from being such a spitout. And this from a site moderator!

To prove my point I invite readers of this thread to study my posts from start to finish and look at where the content starts to wander and then becomes simply a a litany of personal abuse. I give as good as I get. I try to be polite in my replies, in respect to language used but, must admit am very sarcastic and purposely attempt to portray an heir of superiority.

Why do I do it? Simply because I know it gets up the noses of certain people and provokes a reaction. Yes, my agenda is then to really piss off those concerned and I take great pleasure in doing so. If you do not want to continue conversation with me do not reply. It is a simple concept really. The more you reply the more I reply, it is a viscous circle that can be quite easily broken .

I do not post on ARRSE. I am not scared to in the slightest. I would inevitably meet my match but is that not what forums such as these are all about? There are people on RR that could rip me a new arsehole within seconds, that has not happened yet. This is because those people are actually intelligent enough to understand my modus operandi and therefore choose not to perpetuate my agenda, only the stupid ones do so.

Have a nice day
  9. I for one do not include you in my comments above Idoitdeeper. On the contrary,I find your posts highly entertaining :thumright:
  10. wet_blobby

I've cut down your quote for ease.

Where's the insight? :dontknow:
  11. RR seems to be a magnet for trolls, twats and tossers, the type of people that wouldn't last 5 minites on Arrse because they'd get ripped to shreds.

Why is this?

My post gives readers an insight into the answer to the question you asked from the point of view of a "troll"

Have a nice day
    IDOITDEEPER :thumright:
  12. wet_blobby

At least have the decency to quote me, I think it's quite a good line. :p
  13. Come on Blobbs, what do you expect from the son of the cuddly Higgy? ;)
  14. Well anyone can post whatever they want aslong as its within the rules of the site.I have noticed that there seems to be one or two members that seem to enjoy the attention that reiceive and also a few others that do come across as thinking there more intelligent than us minions.Aslong as they benefit the site,who gives a toss.