Troll deletion and Billy cocking around in London

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fully aware of the grammatical implications. It was well considered. Your mind, sadly, imputes otherwise. In the 1950's when my wife and I had a drink with him ---and later in the 70's when we were visiting friends in Rhodesia following UDI where Charlie, defying British Government strictures, performed at a posh nightclub in Salisbury. We had more drinks with him. He was a splendid chap. I recall him asking the TV cameraman if it was in colour. If it isn't he said, I'll look like a bloody negative.
Anyroadup it looks as if the consensus of intelligent opinion dictates that Boris and Donald would not contribute towards (or is it toward?) More Picturesque Speech.
We'll leave it lie there.
Can you just make a list of who and where you and your wife have had drinks with over the years?

Thanks.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Is that a nibble from the bullshitting troll?

Far easier to make a list of who you haven't had drinks with. I'll start off.

witsend

UserName said it all.

Mango flies, or myiatic flies, are also known Putzi Fly or Tumbu Fly all depending on which side of the Ruvuma you reside on. They are a member of the blow fly family (Cordylobia Anthropophaga) and the flies in this family are often metallic in appearance and between 10 to 12 mm in length - aka “Blue Bottles “ or “Bog Flies”. The condition is known as cutaneous myiasis.

Dogs & rodents are usually the hosts, but humans often become accidental hosts.

(There's lovely for you)

UserName said it all.

Mango flies, or myiatic flies, are also known Putzi Fly or Tumbu Fly all depending on which side of the Ruvuma you reside on. They are a member of the blow fly family (Cordylobia Anthropophaga) and the flies in this family are often metallic in appearance and between 10 to 12 mm in length - aka “Blue Bottles “ or “Bog Flies”. The condition is known as cutaneous myiasis.

Dogs & rodents are usually the hosts, but humans often become accidental hosts.

(There's lovely for you)
They were quite dreadful.
Newly ironed, slightly damp airing on a clothes line attracted them in their hundreds. They laid their eggs and, upon wearing the shirt our blouse, the maggots bore into your skin. It was quite a palaver removing them. Gordons gin lured them out, but if you grabbed them too hard and they snapped off in your skin--you were in trouble.
Those blissful days in Africa.

Seeing as this thread is completely mental, I'll post this heads up here.

I'm off on a wander for a couple of weeks...or months...depends on how I feel.
First stop will be Londons' East End where I shall be sampling as many decent
Ruby Murrays as possible. I may then zoom off upwards to Yorkshire and
bimble along the coast for a bit before deciding if I want to come back and
work for a living any more.
Other unplanned stopovers will occur - I love it when I don't have an itinerary.

Well - that's it. No more bints for a bit, unless one of the usual suspects wants
to get rated up to acting local Internet Perv Trawler. Normal service will be
restored probably at the end of August or September or whenever.

Billy's going out to play.