Trivial rants.

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Zoidberg, Apr 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, this is just trivial stuff that's been getting on my tits recently. Complain all you want but I have nowhere else to vent :lol:

1) Ungrateful staff

Free lunches, Michelin star quality, plenty of it and free. Normally, people would be over the moon with free staff lunches cooked by a Michelin star chef. Not the cnuts I work with.

We had a huge pot of mushroom risotto-the best I've ever tasted- and at leat 75% of the staff said "I don't like this. What are they playing at?!". Or something similar.

Bangers and mash. Any better? No. The suausages weren't cooked well enough.

Scampi and chips, the chefs thought. Still no good as it was just scampi and chips.

Personally, I'll eat what I'm given. If I don't like it, I go hungry. The staff either know they're not going to like the food by now. If you don't like it, bring your fcuking own.

2)Family of the management
    The manager's cousin is working with me until she goes back to uni in a month. "It's ok, go home at 2. I'll clock you out at 4 and back in at 5, but don't come back until 7". CNUT!

'Zoid, I need you to stay until 5:30 tonight', he says
    "But I'm back in at 6", I says
    'Then you'll just have to work all the way through"
    Something illegal there, methinks. 13 hour shift with a 10 minute break?

3)Fitness and Medicals
    I've never been a "gifted" athlete, as it were. I have to work hard as hell to maintain fitness standards. I've had to take 2 weeks off from running and do a few days of swimming because of shin splints. I can't even run the PJFT in the required time now! Will just have to work my knackers off

The medical-I couldn't get a result as my skin graft was slightly too big. Not infected, deformed or generally sh!t. Too big. Now I have up to 6 months for a reply from an SMO. On the upside, it gives me time to regain my fitness levels. Still sh!t.

</rant>

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Ah, good old fashioned nepotism. I can see why you want to join the RN, it never, ever happens in here. :wink:

3. If it happens it happens, at least I (think) I'd be doing a job I enjoy for decent pay :lol:

4. ...indeed, starting salary of £16,000 at age 16, I was on £ 130 A YEAR when I joined, of course there was bed and 3 square thrown in. :) happy days.

5. What year was that £2.10/-?

Plus three blue liner tokens a month.

I was on the same but a pint was only 1/6d I think might have been cheaper.

6. '66 - Ord Wren - we had £5 a week plus 3 square etc

7. The Chefs, sorry Catering LogisticalScran administrator or whatever they're being called this week, will love you.
    That's their attitude as well "If you don't like it feck orf!!" must be the most heard expression in the Galley after "JUST ONE F#@$ING SCOOP OF CHIPS!!"
    :wink:

8. Who called the chef a Bastard?

Who called the bastard a chef.

Salty .........Whats this ? shit?

Chef..........You sling it,.....we'll cook it.

Todays choices, Eat it, leave it, or sit over it.

9. [quote="Jenwren"

...indeed, starting salary of £16,000 at age 16, I was on £ 130 A YEAR when I joined
    '66 - Ord Wren - we had £5 a week plus 3 square etc[/quote]

You mean £5.00 a fortnight old gal, I was on the same as I joined '65 Nov.

I think we got £3.00 a week and married men got 10/- a week more.

10. You mean £5.00 a fortnight old gal, I was on the same as I joined '65 Nov.

I think we got £3.00 a week and married men got 10/- a week more.[/quote]
    Hey - less of the old!!! Ok, maybe I am if I can't remember how much we were paid!!! You're right, it was £5 a fortnight. :D

11. Hey - less of the old!!! Ok, maybe I am if I can't remember how much we were paid!!! You're right, it was £5 a fortnight. :D[/quote]

You got to be 58 if you was in in '66 I am 59 but I am still gorgeous.

12. You got to be 58 if you was in in '66 I am 59 but I am still gorgeous.[/quote]
    Me too, still gorgeous I mean, and I wasn't a 17 year old 'noobie' wren, I waited 3 years!! One of the older ones in my division at Dauntless - just turned 20, so work that one out - you're just a youngster!! I have my bus pass and senior railcard!! :oops:

13. Supposed to be:

A break of 20 mins every 6 hours.
    Minimum of 11 hours between end of one shift, and start of another.
    Additional hours above 48 can be worked, but should not exceed 60 in any one week.
    If not opted out, the maximum is no more than 48 hours averaged out over a 17 week period.

All through the Working Time Directive - but we all know that really means, "if you want to keep a job etc etc ...."

One big con in reality, because the government has dropped plans to force it through, no doubt on the claims from business of 'affecting productivity' when they really mean 'affecting profitability'.

14. I am still negotiating with the Taliban to try to align your working pattern so as to avoid the long hours.
    It seems that the one sticking point is your Sunday worship as opposed to their Saturday.
    If we cancel all hostilities between 4pm Fridays until 9.30am Mon( to allow for delays on long weekends) have Wednesday and Thursday as prep days for the said weekends, we will make good progress.
    If Monday can be utilized as the day to prepare for the weekly engagements, this would leave Tuesday as a day we could have all out conflict.
    However all those working Mon, Wed Thur to prepare food, for the week and arrangements for weekends would by necessity have to work extended hours.
    As we cannot commit the labour required to engage the enemy with all these extra commitments we regret therefore our inability to meet the Taliban other than on Bank holidays when most of us will be free, stand fast Blue card men.
    The Taliban have agreed to all our demands, the one sticking point being their insistance that before any of previouse can be brought into effect, the name of the Rating who shagged Mustapha's cammel must be placed on the Sex Offenders List, and dismissed the service.
    As you will see by reading other threads this is a sticking point.

15. You're very kind Sir !!

:thumbright: