Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tributes to motorcycle death boys

slim

War Hero
carlm said:
Slim would you still say you are happy they are dead if it was your kids.

Carl
I have two kids who have never been in trouble with the law, stolen cars or taken drugs. However have you listened to the parents of those children who have died as a result of stealing or joyriding with others in stolen vehicles? They normally blame the police for chasing them, or society, or some other irrelevant reason. Why do they not state the obvious, the kid was breaking the law and did not get away with it.
Now about this 92 year old lady hit by a stolen car. How long is it going to take her to recover? How long will it be till the driver steals another car? Who will he hit next time.
Grow up Carl and lose that reputation that Liverpudlians have for being over sentimental. Boris was right.

carlm

Lantern Swinger
You are not answering my question. I didn't ask you if your kids where well behaved, i was asking would you still feelnthe same way if they died driving a robbed vehicle.

slim

War Hero
If my child had stolen a vehicle and being killed in the process I would obviously feel extremely upset. However I would not be ranting and raving and blaming anyone else for the death. The blame would lie squarely on my child's shoulders.
However this is an extremely unlikely situation, especially as my son (who has had cars stolen from him) has a similar attitude to these scrote's as my own.

jungle_jim

Lantern Swinger
aussiepint said:
slim said:
Aussie

But I guess a rise out of me is what you wanted wasn't it?

I am convinced this is why he seems to spend every waking hour finding something away from the norm to post on here to wind people up or be argumentive.

i fully understand what he is saying, yet i find it very difficult for any normal human to wish someone dead. I am sure he has not had the horrible experience of dealing with death from a child or young adult, because once experienced it changes your whole view on life

jungle_jim said:
aussiepint said:
slim said:
Aussie

I am convinced this is why he seems to spend every waking hour finding something away from the norm to post on here to wind people up or be argumentive.

i fully understand what he is saying, yet i find it very difficult for any normal human to wish someone dead. I am sure he has not had the horrible experience of dealing with death from a child or young adult, because once experienced it changes your whole view on life

Jungle Jim

I could think of hundreds of thousands of people I would wish dead to make this world a better place. I would start with the thugs that maintain the power for the communist party in North Korea and work down thru various mid east and African countries, you see where I am coming from. I don't think Slim wishes the person who steals a M/C dead but if anyone is going to die or get injured as a result of that person's action we both want it to be him.

It is lucky you did not live before 1950 when 2 out of 5 children never made it to adulthood when anti biotics did not exist. Now it is compulsory sackcloth and ashes for every death, sorry but I do not buy into that.

Nutty

jungle_jim

Lantern Swinger

It is lucky you did not live before 1950 when 2 out of 5 children never made it to adulthood when anti biotics did not exist. Now it is compulsory sackcloth and ashes for every death, sorry but I do not buy into that.

Nutty[/quote]

try to bury your 4 year old daughter and come on here gobbing off about how hard it was back in your day. just beacuse it was like that in the 50s i take it then you would be fine if god forbid it was a member of your grandchildren, oh well 3 out of 5 isnt bad.

WHATEVER. i think you bag might need an empty!!!!

slim

War Hero
jungle_jim said:
aussiepint said:
slim said:
Aussie

Junglyjim
You are correct, the idea behind many of my posts is to get people to think about the actions of many who exist in our community. The idea is to logically discuss and debate what may or may not be done in an effort to stop these scum from acting in an anti social manner.
As far as I am concerned, the PC brigade who seem to be a bunch of spineless individuals and want to rehabilitate these individuals using community service and tagging have had their chance. It doesn't work.
In the case of these two young lads it would seem that it may have been a one off. They did not mean to permanently deprive some hard working person of their vehicle. Unfortunately it belonged to the offenders father. This does not excuse his actions.
As for the serial car thieves, my statement stands, the sooner they kill THEMSELVES the sooner legitimate road (and pavement) users will be safe.

As for my hero Boris, he certainly got it right when it came to scousers.

slim said:
jungle_jim said:
aussiepint said:
slim said:
Aussie

Junglyjim
You are correct, the idea behind many of my posts is to get people to think about the actions of many who exist in our community. The idea is to logically discuss and debate what may or may not be done in an effort to stop these scum from acting in an anti social manner.
As far as I am concerned, the PC brigade who seem to be a bunch of spineless individuals and want to rehabilitate these individuals using community service and tagging have had their chance. It doesn't work.
In the case of these two young lads it would seem that it may have been a one off. They did not mean to permanently deprive some hard working person of their vehicle. Unfortunately it belonged to the offenders father. This does not excuse his actions.
As for the serial car thieves, my statement stands, the sooner they kill THEMSELVES the sooner legitimate road (and pavement) users will be safe.

As for my hero Boris, he certainly got it right when it came to scousers.

The problem with rehabilition and ASBOs is we neither enforce or fund them properly so they don't work. There is little wrong with the concepts but the implementation has been crap, or in sme cases very crap.. When ever some has manged to get an effective rehabilitation scheme going it has been binned either because of headline grabbing comment in publications like the Scum or the Wail or the polititians have discovered the cost of doing it right and cut off the funding. ASBOs are failing becaus they are neither followed up or enforced, so once again they are not working because in reality it is just another look good scheme with no funding or effort applied.

I certainly do not rejoice at any un-necessary death and in this case the lack of enforcement of the law meant these two thought they would get away with it so they did it. If we had decent traffic policing they wouldn't have dared.

slim

War Hero
carlm said:
Are you sure you don't live in manchester slim :tool: :spam2:

No, however I was on the Manchester and did visit the city, thoroughly enjoyed the place and the natives were extremely friendly. We docked in Liverpool because we couldn't get under some motorway bridge. So also had a couple or runs in Liverpool, and I bet you won't expect this from me, I found the natives friendly and the nightlife great. Now excuse me as I must go and wash my mouth out. :thumright:

jungle_jim said:

Nutty

try to bury your 4 year old daughter and come on here gobbing off about how hard it was back in your day. just beacuse it was like that in the 50s i take it then you would be fine if god forbid it was a member of your grandchildren, oh well 3 out of 5 isnt bad.

WHATEVER. i think you bag might need an empty!!!![/quote]

J-J

For the close family, any death is traumatic. At fast approaching 61 years I have seen plenty in my family and friends. What I do not and will not buy into is this feeling of community grief, counseling of whole schools, the Princes Di phenomenon. So you will not put me into a guilt trip about your personal grief as we all have our fair share of that.

Nutty

carlm

Lantern Swinger
slim said:
carlm said:

No, however I was on the Manchester and did visit the city, thoroughly enjoyed the place and the natives were extremely friendly. We docked in Liverpool because we couldn't get under some motorway bridge. So also had a couple or runs in Liverpool, and I bet you won't expect this from me, I found the natives friendly and the nightlife great. Now excuse me as I must go and wash my mouth out. :thumright:

Who was the most friendly the scousers of the mancs :toothy7:

slim

War Hero
carlm said:
slim said:
carlm said:

Who was the most friendly the scousers of the mancs :toothy7:

Probably tha Mancs as it was HMS Manchester, however had it been HMS Liverpool visiting I'm fairly certain that it would have been the scousers. :thumright:

northernrogue

Midshipman
My tuppence....

Whilst I dont wish them dead, I think its a joke when the news headline of "Tributes pour in for 2 crash victims" when in actual fact the story is about 2 thieves who couldnt handle their swag and ended up 6 feet under. What kind of tributes were they? About their skills at robbery? How impressive their truency record was?

I absolutely agree that tough sentences need to be dished out to those drink driving, joy riding, driving whilst disqualified etc. Usually just ends up in an extended ban, but these idiots dont have any intention of getting a license in the first place.

I do feel sorry for their loved ones (well, the ones who acted responsibly round them and attempted to give a shiite about them, whether that be all their family or just some of them), but Im sorry - I dont feel sorry for them one bit. If you cant stand the heat, dont ask the Devil to dance <is that a real saying?>

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Royal Family to lead tributes marking VJ Day 75 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces lead tributes to Dame Vera Lynn at her funeral MoD News 0
soleil Herald: "Tributes As "Inspirational" Royal Navy Sailor Dies Aged 35" The Fleet 5
soleil BBC: "Royal Marines Memorial To Be Expanded As Tributes Rise" The Corps 0
soleil P. News: "Poppies Fall To Earth As Tributes Paid To Fallen" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Somerset G: Tributes Flood In As Fallen 40 Commando Is Named The Corps 3
dumdum Tributes left for a dead chicken The Gash Barge 11
MoD_RSS Motorcycle insurance merger to be reversed following CMA concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorcycle insurance broker merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory tests and motorcycle training and tests to restart in Scotland MoD News 0
N WW2 Officer on motorcycle History 15
T5igger Involved in a motorcycle accident days before medical... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
explodingcookie Motorcycle? Car? Train? Motoring 9
SONAR-BENDER Marine dies on motorcycle course The Corps 15
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Motorcycle / LGV Driver / Storesperson The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
XS650BOBBER Custom Motorcycle Insurance Motoring 13
JC91 Motorcycle Insurance Motoring 20
MoD_RSS People with learning disabilities had higher death rate from COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on the death of the Amir of Kuwait MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity regulator disqualifies individual as trustee over death threats and incitements to murder MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Death of Azimzhan Askarov, human rights defender in Kyrgyzstan: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Excess weight can increase risk of serious illness and death from COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence confirms the death of Fusilier Sam Brownridge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on the death of President Nkurunziza of Burundi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Daily death reporting now includes all positive COVID-19 deaths MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guarantee on death in service benefits for frontline health and care staff during pandemic MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence confirms the death of Lance Corporal Brodie Gillon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces first death of patient with COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence confirms the death of Private Joseph Berry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiry launched into the death of Jermaine Baker MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM travels to Oman following the death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK flags to fly at half mast for the death of Sultan Qaboos of Oman MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement on the death of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, Sultan of Oman MoD News 0
E Death of a Merchant Seaman: Leonard Gould Shannon History 3
MoD_RSS UK Government statement on death of Daesh’s leader MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42 - General Comment on the Question of the Death Penalty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO statement following the death of Robert Mugabe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Europe & Americas statement on the death of the Ambassador of the Republic of Armenia to the United Kingdom MoD News 0
vauxhall Death in Service Benefits Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ministry of Defence confirms the death of Guardsman Mathew Talbot MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Oral statement on the death of Lyra McKee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Man who stabbed acquaintance to death has sentence reviewed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Escaping the jaws of death: ensuring enough water in 2050 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Death by dangerous driving sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Otter death sparks appeal - report illegal fishing to protect wildlife MoD News 0
S Life insurance (death in service) Finance & Pensions 5
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary statement on the death of President George H W Bush MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK response to Saudi Arabia announcement of charges following the death of Jamal Khashoggi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of courageous World War 2 pilot has been rededicated 77 years after his death MoD News 0