Triathlon for Autism...

Discussion in 'Charity' started by PragmaticJen, Mar 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All ...

I'm taking part in the London Triathlon 2006 on 05/08/2006 to raise money for Chrysalis School for Autism and would really welcome your support.

I met Laura Dyer 8 years ago, we instantly became good friends! She told me one day that she and her husband had been trying for 15 years to have a baby, IVF and other such methods were used but without success. They decided to adopt and waited patiently. Eventually, they adopted a beautiful boy, William, who is now 10. It wasn't until he was 2 years old that she noticed he was different from the other children and had him tested for learning difficulties. She was told her son was severely Autistic. The shock was immense. However, since that day she has strived for the very best for William, her determination never wavering.
    Herts. County has very little facilities for children with Autism; as a result, Laura decided to set up her own school to help William and his friends. The Local Education Authority was approached but they refused to help. After years of fundraising, sometimes having to use their own money, she has managed to open a school for Autistic Children. To insure the doors stay open fundraising has to continue, that's why I have decided to choose Laura's School as my chosen charity. I have entered The London Triathlon to help raise money so she may continue her dream...

Please take a moment to sponsor me. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

http://www.justgiving.com/tri_hard_succeed

All donations are secure and sent electronically to Chrysalis School for Autism. If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will automatically reclaim 28% Gift Aid on your behalf, so your donation is worth even more. Please join me in supporting Chrysalis School for Autism and a fabulous cause.

Thanks in Anticipation

XX