Treasury and Accounts

Clouseau

Banned
Now that people are making donations (no I haven't done so yet), would it be possible to show the state of the RR accounts on the Treasury page? It would be nice to let RR members (esp. those who have donated) know how their money is spent.

the_matelot

War Hero
Clouseau said:
Now that people are making donations (no I haven't done so yet), would it be possible to show the state of the RR accounts on the Treasury page? It would be nice to let RR members (esp. those who have donated) how their money is spent.

Why do you want to know Clouseau? The CO's give up a lot of their time to run this site, Arrse and RP. Servers and hosting don't come cheap and any addtional money that is raised, IMO, should go to the CO's as a reward for their troubles and efforts on these sites that I see you haven't contributed to!!!

Clouseau

Banned
the_matelot said:
Clouseau said:
Now that people are making donations (no I haven't done so yet), would it be possible to show the state of the RR accounts on the Treasury page? It would be nice to let RR members (esp. those who have donated) how their money is spent.

Why do you want to know Clouseau? The CO's give up a lot of their time to run this site, Arrse and RP. Servers and hosting don't come cheap and any addtional money that is raised, IMO, should go to the CO's as a reward for their troubles and efforts on these sites that I see you haven't contributed to!!!

Why do I want to know.....? your post sounds awfully defensive!

Panic not - I was not getting at anyone or anything - I simply thought it was a good idea - you know - promoting openess and honesty is a good thing!

Sheesh - if that is your attitude to an innocent and honest idea you can stuff your "hard work" and your site!!!

the_matelot

War Hero
It's not my hard work and it's not my site! It's the CO's!

It would be nice to let RR members (esp. those who have donated) how their money is spent.

The above extract appeared to be a dig. If not, then I'll wind my neck in! :D

slim

War Hero
Clouseau said:

As the site is run as a private concern then their is no requirement for this information to be made public.
There is not a requirement to contribute and the owners of the site stated that the proceeds from donations would be used to give the moderators a small reward.
So basically if you wish to see the mods rewarded then donate. This type of site runs from advertising revenue, so the more members and the more hits it gets the better the chance of advertisers using the site.
Of course if you object to using a free site which is fairly unique then that is your choice

Clouseau

Banned
slim said:
Clouseau said:

As the site is run as a private concern then their is no requirement for this information to be made public.
There is not a requirement to contribute and the owners of the site stated that the proceeds from donations would be used to give the moderators a small reward.
So basically if you wish to see the mods rewarded then donate. This type of site runs from advertising revenue, so the more members and the more hits it gets the better the chance of advertisers using the site.
Of course if you object to using a free site which is fairly unique then that is your choice

Ahh - so donations go to the MODs and not to the site upkeep and development - I hadn't cottoned on to that.

Interesting nonetheless.

the_matelot

War Hero
Clouseau said:
the_matelot said:
Slim,
I have to correct you on something. The moderators DO NOT get any monetary reward for doing the job.
The plot thickens.....
So wtf are the donations for?

Clouseau,
Are you stupid?
Read my first post and you'll get the answer.

The only thing around here that is thick appears to be you

Deeps

War Hero
The money goes to the MODs eh ? Bloody hell where is may cash you bastards.What a pile of rubbish.Do you think it cost feck all to set up and run this web site? Get real mate.

the_matelot said:
Clouseau said:

Perhaps some of the money could be spent on sending MOD's and in particular, "the-matelot", on a course for interpersonal skills and diplomacy as he has shown to be sadly deficient in these areas by some of his posts.

Nutty

Any complaints please pm me.

slim

War Hero
Deeps said:
The money goes to the MODs eh ? Bloody hell where is may cash you bastards.What a pile of rubbish.Do you think it cost feck all to set up and run this web site? Get real mate.

Deeps if you read the post from the owners of the site they stated that the site was keeping its head above water from the advertising revenue. It was also stated that donations would provide a little something for the MODs. I will try to find said article.