Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelling

thereverend

War Hero
A friend of mine told me that there are a number of countries that I will not be allowed to travel to or through when I eventually get in because of my being in the military. Is this true? If so, what countries does that include?

dunkers

War Hero
Short answer: your "friend" is talking bollocks.

Long answer: You have to inform someone if you intend to visit one of a small set of countries. But here's an idea, how about we don't publish the list on a public forum like this, eh?

lesbryan

War Hero
alfred_the_great said:
but I don't think I'll be revealing much by saying that Scotland is quite obviously off limits....

Scotland wont be off limits if he becomes a deeps

thereverend

War Hero
I am indeed going deeps as you put it. That is assuming by deeps you mean submarines and not talking knuckle deep into some classy Pompey bird.

Drakey

War Hero
thereverend said:
A friend of mine told me that there are a number of countries that I will not be allowed to travel to or through when I eventually get in because of my being in the military. Is this true? If so, what countries does that include?

Most of the countries are places that you wouldn't want to visit anyway.

D

Deleted 7

When you join the RN and you wish to take leave/go on hols, you will need to place the relevant request into your DO.

Just for the record Wales and Forrest of Dean is off limits :wink:

logicaltim

Midshipman
Before you travel anywhere you'll need to be de-humanized. To do that they'll stick you in a deep dark hell hole where very little life ever grows and there is little chance of escape............

it is known only as Collingrad................. It is rumoured to be the Royal Navy's secret torture chamber.........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Change of journey fees waived for students travelling home for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chilean Chevening scholars meet Ambassador before travelling to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over-70s and at-risk Brits advised against travelling on cruise ships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for England rugby fans travelling to Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice for Manchester United fans travelling to Serbia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Japanese comedian’s top tips for fans travelling to the Rugby World Cup MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for Liverpool & Chelsea fans travelling to Istanbul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE issues advice to people travelling to Egypt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 06/2019: Train travelling with doors open on the Jubilee line MoD News 0
Subadubdub Travelling from Glasgow to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Travelling opportunitys within certain branches? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R travelling expenses - RNR enquiry Finance & Pensions 5
J Travelling abroad on holiday Current Affairs 10
T Travelling to and from training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
alfred_the_great Travelling to Training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
stan_the_man Falklands 82 travelling South Diamond Lil's 3
D Travelling? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
cadetsmum Travelling to HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
J Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Travelling to FATS from North of Scotland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
F Travelling while waiting on RN start date - AET Health & Fitness 7
C Travelling As An AET The Fleet Air Arm 15
P Can we be paid for travelling time? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
pompeyexpat Travelling to Pompey Bases / Shore Est 13
Ticklertin Travelling in rig. The Fleet 88
higthepig Travelling Tips Diamond Lil's 18