Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelling to Pompey

pompeyexpat

War Hero
A bit of a long shot this, but I'm on DOs course tomorrow and find myself short of a lift. I don't suppose anybody's travelling up Collingwood way tonight by any chance?

Edited to point out that I'm travelling from Guzz

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Cheers anyway, but it looks like I'm going to have to do the train thing. Don't normally mind but cause of engineering work it's bus, train, bus and about 5 hours of travelling. Not my idea of a heavenly Sunday evening.

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger
Going slightly off the topic but you would be helping me out if you could post to let me know whether it's the norm to finish at 12 on the Friday of week 1. I've seen the programme and there's stuff planned but you never know!

I'll be there for course later this year and have something important (not a service reason) that would need to be done on Friday afternoon of week 1

brigham600

War Hero
TheCommunicator said:
Going slightly off the topic but you would be helping me out if you could post to let me know whether it's the norm to finish at 12 on the Friday of week 1. I've seen the programme and there's stuff planned but you never know!

I'll be there for course later this year and have something important (not a service reason) that would need to be done on Friday afternoon of week 1

A Friday afternoon off? Do you think you still work in the equipment section young man? :)

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
TheCommunicator said:

What's her name?

pompeyexpat

War Hero
TheCommunicator said:

I can indeed confirm that I was on the road Friday lunchtime. The afternoon is set aside for "RNFT preps" (joining instructions say no need for sports kit) and "Report writing study"

lsadirty

War Hero
Last time I travelled from Guzz to Pompey by rail on a regular basis was 1962/3: the last train from Guzz to get you back on time for Monday morning was from King's Road station at 1510: has it got any better, or do the overnight buses take all the weight now ?

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger
pompeyexpat said:
I can indeed confirm that I was on the road Friday lunchtime. The afternoon is set aside for "RNFT preps" (joining instructions say no need for sports kit) and "Report writing study"
Thanks for that! just what I wanted to hear

No, Jimmy it's definately not a bird! and I didn't think there'd be much point in trying to get a brew out of you on a Friday afternoon Brigs, you were long gone last time I tried that!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Chilean Chevening scholars meet Ambassador before travelling to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over-70s and at-risk Brits advised against travelling on cruise ships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for England rugby fans travelling to Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice for Manchester United fans travelling to Serbia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Japanese comedian’s top tips for fans travelling to the Rugby World Cup MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for Liverpool & Chelsea fans travelling to Istanbul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE issues advice to people travelling to Egypt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 06/2019: Train travelling with doors open on the Jubilee line MoD News 0
Subadubdub Travelling from Glasgow to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Travelling opportunitys within certain branches? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R travelling expenses - RNR enquiry Finance & Pensions 5
J Travelling abroad on holiday Current Affairs 10
T Travelling to and from training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
alfred_the_great Travelling to Training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
stan_the_man Falklands 82 travelling South Diamond Lil's 3
D Travelling? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
cadetsmum Travelling to HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
thereverend Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
J Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Travelling to FATS from North of Scotland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
F Travelling while waiting on RN start date - AET Health & Fitness 7
C Travelling As An AET The Fleet Air Arm 15
P Can we be paid for travelling time? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
Ticklertin Travelling in rig. The Fleet 88
higthepig Travelling Tips Diamond Lil's 18
R The Golden Fleece Pompey. Diamond Lil's 18
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Pompey played up at Wembley & won the Cup... Sports and Adventure Training 2
Stirlin Pompey D - Day plans. History 5
Logisticogs Phase 2 - Chef training, Raleigh or Pompey? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Hooly whats the best married quarter area in Pompey/Fareham /Gosport Nearest & Dearest 21
E All the fours--Pompey-- The Quarterdeck 6
Bad CO Retd Koninklijke Marine Officer Looking to stay in Pompey Social & Reunions 10
janner Parking near Pompey Dockyard The Quarterdeck 9
S Storage in Pompey? Bases / Shore Est 1
soleil Sydney Morning Herald: "On Dock Of Pompey" The Gash Barge 0
soleil Pompey News: "We’re On A Roll! Bands Of Royal Marines Hope To Clinch New Record" The Corps 1
soleil Pompey News: "Prince William To Visit Gosport’s Newly-restored HMS Alliance" Submariners 4
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Drills Help England Women’s Rugby Squad" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil Pompey News: "Weary Portsmouth Sailors Found Peace And Tombola In China Fleet Club" Bases / Shore Est 9
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth Soldiers Will Join Final Deployment To Afghanistan" Current Affairs 0
soleil Pompey News: "Navy Aviators Reach Career Milestones On Same Day" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Pompey News: "New Captain Speaks Of Pride After Taking The Helm Of HMS Warrior" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Concern Over Portsmouth Power Supply Ahead Of Warships Arrival" Bases / Shore Est 13
soleil Pompey News: "When The Boys From The Black Squad Came Up For A Smoke" History 1
soleil Pompey News: "1SL Warns That The Royal Navy Faces Losing Its Credibility" The Fleet 5
soleil Pompey News: "Gosport Sailor Freed From Prison Over Gun Drama On Ship" The Fleet 29
soleil Pompey News: "More Than 1,500 Military Jobs To Be Lost" Current Affairs 5
soleil Pompey News: "End Of An Era As Last Surviving Wren Leaves HMS Sultan Naval Branch" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Pompey News: "Admiral Backs Plan For Future Of Portsmouth’s Shipyard Operation" Bases / Shore Est 5
soleil Pompey News: "Further Cuts To The Navy Will Make Us Laughing Stock" The Fleet 1