Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelling to and from training

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Hey Folks

Can anyone tell me if there is a definitive reference somewhere that dictates how much pay you should get for travelling to a weekends / weeks training?
I always understood that you would get at least half a days pay for travelling down to Pompey or Plymouth etc, so for example if you did five days training then you would get five and a half days pay, to allow for time travelling the day before. Chatting to some people from other units they say they're travelling pay varies from a full days pay to no pay at all!
Any advice gratefully received!

soleil

War Hero
Hey Folks

Can anyone tell me if there is a definitive reference somewhere that dictates how much pay you should get for travelling to a weekends / weeks training?
I always understood that you would get at least half a days pay for travelling down to Pompey or Plymouth etc, so for example if you did five days training then you would get five and a half days pay, to allow for time travelling the day before. Chatting to some people from other units they say they're travelling pay varies from a full days pay to no pay at all!
Any advice gratefully received!

Consult Chapter 105:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/News-an...nts/Naval Publications/BR 3/br3book/ch105.pdf

and then look at JSP 754.

trehorn

War Hero
I was told last week that when we do a weekends training (Friday night through til Sunday afternoon we should be recieving 3 days pay. Suprised me but came from someone far higher up the tree than me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alfred_the_great Travelling to Training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
MoD_RSS Chilean Chevening scholars meet Ambassador before travelling to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over-70s and at-risk Brits advised against travelling on cruise ships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for England rugby fans travelling to Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice for Manchester United fans travelling to Serbia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Japanese comedian’s top tips for fans travelling to the Rugby World Cup MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for Liverpool & Chelsea fans travelling to Istanbul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE issues advice to people travelling to Egypt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 06/2019: Train travelling with doors open on the Jubilee line MoD News 0
Subadubdub Travelling from Glasgow to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Travelling opportunitys within certain branches? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R travelling expenses - RNR enquiry Finance & Pensions 5
J Travelling abroad on holiday Current Affairs 10
stan_the_man Falklands 82 travelling South Diamond Lil's 3
D Travelling? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
cadetsmum Travelling to HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
thereverend Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
J Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Travelling to FATS from North of Scotland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
F Travelling while waiting on RN start date - AET Health & Fitness 7
C Travelling As An AET The Fleet Air Arm 15
P Can we be paid for travelling time? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
pompeyexpat Travelling to Pompey Bases / Shore Est 13
Ticklertin Travelling in rig. The Fleet 88
higthepig Travelling Tips Diamond Lil's 18
P Pipeline Training RFA 2
K Please help with Interview and Training information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Training fund launched to help vets prepare for 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major expansion of post-18 education and training to level up and prepare workers for post-COVID economy MoD News 0
S RFA Training Pipeline RFA 11
MoD_RSS Completion of training facility at RAF Waddington MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint approach to training gets international recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: launch of ‘help us say yes’ online training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Training for Security Control Room Operators in Responding to Terrorist Incidents – We would like your views MoD News 0
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P Training leave Joining the Royal Navy 8
B Can I wear athletic tape during Royal Marine Commando training ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Troops reach training milestone ahead of UN Peacekeeping deployment to Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory tests and motorcycle training and tests to restart in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New teacher training inspections to focus on the ITE curriculum MoD News 0
Z Logistics Officer Training RFA 4
MoD_RSS Improved training to reduce conflict in youth custody MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Psychological first aid in emergencies training for frontline staff and volunteers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CT training at your kitchen table MoD News 0
soleil Forces TV: Basic Training At HMS Raleigh: "We Can't Afford To Stop". Bases / Shore Est 7
crash_evans How is the RN training new recruits while social distancing? Joining the Royal Navy 10
MoD_RSS Government outlines conditions for elite athletes' return to competitive training MoD News 0