Travelling opportunitys within certain branches?

Been reading through some threads about countries people have travelled to. Some posts say it depends what role you have selected. Are there good travel opportunities for weapons engineer CIS? Or is it just pot luck on which ship you are on? Thanks, hope its not a dumb question!

Been reading through some threads about countries people have travelled to. Some posts say it depends what role you have selected. Are there good travel opportunities for weapons engineer CIS? Or is it just pot luck on which ship you are on? Thanks, hope its not a dumb question!
Not a dumb question but it is asked quite frequently. The best way to get yourself a good career is to match your talents with the jobs on offer within the Navy. While it may be true that some get to travel around more than others there are no guarantees with any of them. There is an old song from a musical film which contains the lines "We joined the navy to see the world,and what did we see? we saw the sea". It was just a song but there is an element of truth involved.

Travelled all over as a WAFU, don't know what the chances are these days but my serving oppos still go places.

My travels

Sea Kings: Outback 88, UK dets, Rosyth

Canberras: More or less lived in Germany for the first year and a half (had a permanent room in the block at Wildenrath.) Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark, Jockland, Wales.

Sea Harriers: The States (numerous times), The Azores (at least 10 times), all over Europe (Germany, Poland, Netherlands)

Crab Harriers: Afghanistan, Jockland, the States.

I must add the majority of WAFU traveling is not by Pussers Grey. In fact for 11 Years 11 Months straight in the middle of my 23, I didn't even see a ship.

**Standby for incoming** :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pompeyexpat Bases / Shore Est 13
Ticklertin The Fleet 88
higthepig Diamond Lil's 18