Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travelling abroad on holiday

Hi im travelling to iceland tomorrow and was wondering if i need to take my navy id with me?? Dont know for what reasons if i have to so any help will be appreciated!! Cheers ****ers

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Topstop

War Hero
May be handy for discounts at attractions or access to the Px/Nx for cheap booze if they let you in. If not it could be a liability.

Hi im travelling to iceland tomorrow and was wondering if i need to take my navy id with me?? Dont know for what reasons if i have to so any help will be appreciated!! Cheers ****ers

Might be handy if one of their volcanoes goes bang. I'm sure we would soon forget playing dodgems with ODIN and BALDUR.

Last edited:

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Marlborough Street has a particularly classy level of customer.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

Flagdeck

War Hero
Some of them give military discount to members of foreign forces. I take my ID with me all the time to the USA and yes, I abuse the crap out of it.

The Germans got mega discounts in Poland, France, Denmark, Holland, Czech...(can't spell it}..in fact all over Europe when they were foreign forces.:violent3:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Chilean Chevening scholars meet Ambassador before travelling to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over-70s and at-risk Brits advised against travelling on cruise ships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for England rugby fans travelling to Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Advice for Manchester United fans travelling to Serbia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Japanese comedian’s top tips for fans travelling to the Rugby World Cup MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for Liverpool & Chelsea fans travelling to Istanbul MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE issues advice to people travelling to Egypt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 06/2019: Train travelling with doors open on the Jubilee line MoD News 0
Subadubdub Travelling from Glasgow to Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S Travelling opportunitys within certain branches? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R travelling expenses - RNR enquiry Finance & Pensions 5
T Travelling to and from training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
alfred_the_great Travelling to Training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
stan_the_man Falklands 82 travelling South Diamond Lil's 3
D Travelling? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
cadetsmum Travelling to HMS Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
thereverend Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
J Travelling Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Travelling to FATS from North of Scotland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
F Travelling while waiting on RN start date - AET Health & Fitness 7
C Travelling As An AET The Fleet Air Arm 15
P Can we be paid for travelling time? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
pompeyexpat Travelling to Pompey Bases / Shore Est 13
Ticklertin Travelling in rig. The Fleet 88
higthepig Travelling Tips Diamond Lil's 18
MoD_RSS New Government partnership with airlines to fly back more tourists stranded abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): Foreign Secretary's statement on support for British people abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Can you give me 50 Cent’s phone number? 2019’s most unusual requests from Brits abroad MoD News 0
vauxhall Public Consultation on Legal Protection for Armed Forces Personnel Serving Abroad on Operations The Quarterdeck 1
MoD_RSS Delivering on all the SDGs both home and abroad matters to us all MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Northamptonshire business boosting health abroad MoD News 0
vauxhall Living Abroad Life Certification Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Register your trailer if you want to take it abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Register your trailer if you want to take it abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New labelling requirements to help motorists pick the right fuel at home and abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: ‘Strictly’, vampires and sausages – 2018’s oddest requests from Brits abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New boost to showcase ‘best of British’ creativity abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New scheme for NHS staff to tackle AMR abroad opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New law proposed to safeguard UK citizens' healthcare abroad after Brexit MoD News 0
themuddyduck No Medical History in the UK and A Surgery Abroad? Joining the Royal Navy 6
themuddyduck 5 Years Residency Requirement? British National that lived abroad Joining the Royal Navy 2
vauxhall Deciding to live abroad Finance & Pensions 9
MoD_RSS News story: Stay Safe Abroad this Summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence Secretary salutes Scots troops who keep us safe at home and abroad MoD News 0
E Pension when living abroad Finance & Pensions 3
Turtle RN Volunteering abroad before my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
8 RFA and living abroad RFA 3
soleil Mail: "Eating Next To A Church etc - Bizarre Ways To Get Arrested Abroad" Travel & The Great Outdoors 1
trelawney126 Labour Defence Policy commits troops abroad its proposed Current Affairs 2