Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ruby_curry, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys...

Just a quick question. I passed the selection process at the beginning of October and i was told that the current waiting time for ETWE was around 18 months. With this information i thought i'd be a great opportunity to get some traveling done while waiting and booked a trip to Australia for 3 months at the beginning of 2010. I rang the AFCO and discussed my intentions before booking and they were fine with it. However they said they'd stop bidding for me and resume in april when i returned. I'm just curious if that means my application goes on hold or whether i continue to move up the list during this time, if that makes sense?
  2. if they stop bidding for you then it sounds like it goes on hold
  3. Don't tell them? and get your ass back when needed pronto!!!
  4. Hmm well the whole point in me going away was to break up the time. With an 18 month wait is it really necessary for me to stay in the country and do nothing while i wait? Seems a bit unfair to me...
  5. Sounds like the way forward to me, as long as you have somebody relaible to open your post...
  6. 3 months in oz is not long enough!!
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you genuinely completed all elements of selection (Recruiting Test, Medical, PJFT, Selection Interview & gained Security Clearance) then told your AFCO you wanted to defer entry due to the fact you are unavailable for several months because you will be overseas, then they will suspend your application so that a person who is immediately available may take-up a short-notice allocated entry date.

If you have completed everything with regards selection, and I mean everything, then surely it is not beyond the wit of man to leave a UK postal address for written notification of an allocated entry date, a contact phone number (your own or a UK based representative such as partner/mum/Dad) & an email address - If that is possible, then simply state you are contactable & ask them to bid for an entry date.

ET(WE) is nearer two years at present, incidentally.

One cannot help but think that either an element of selection has not been completed or the circumstances were not fully appreciated/adequately communicated.

Good luck.
  8. Cheers ninja.

I have completed everything. Just wanted to know if while i was away i'd continue to move up the list as people who had completed the selection process before me had gained entry, and not that people completing the entry after i had would overtake me if that makes any sense? :p

Will try and get hold of the plymouth AFCO on monday if they're not on xmas leave.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, as long as your application is not suspended & you are genuinely contactable, no-one will be allocated an entry date before you.

Most AFCOs are closed until 4th January, but some maybe open here & there. If they are closed, just email them -link below on the word "AFCO".

Good luck.
  10. cheers ninja.

Been a real help :)

Now to get preparations underway for my 3 months surfing in boardies :D

Will be thinking of you guys while it's winter ;)
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Just heard it's snowing on Bondi beach...
  12. haha as if :p