travel warrants

chipaz

Midshipman
hey all...... just wondering i finished phase 2 training on the 1st of october and during training i used 4 of my 12 warrants but im currently in hms drake (devonport) waiting for hms northumberland to get back and need to get home next friday, can i use another warrant cuz some people have said you can only use 4 a year but some other people have said you can use 12 wen u want but dont get anymore for 3 years, please can i have some help :D thankyou

Go to the UPO Monday morning and get yourself a railcard. You'll saver a third on train ticket prices. Get used to buying your own tickets to avoid disappointment!

chipaz said:
hey all...... just wondering i finished phase 2 training on the 1st of october and during training i used 4 of my 12 warrants but im currently in hms drake (devonport) waiting for hms northumberland to get back and need to get home next friday, can i use another warrant cuz some people have said you can only use 4 a year but some other people have said you can use 12 wen u want but dont get anymore for 3 years, please can i have some help :D thankyou
Chipaz,

Off topic, but how is your Brother now?

( re- his Kidney Transplant & your involvement etc. which you posted 12 Months back at http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=23283.html )

......Just wondered.

Bob

It's supposed to be 4 a year, and going strictly by the rules, the UPO can limit you to 1 every three months, but generally don't. Best speak to the UPO, they might be flexible, depends how they interpret the rules, but yes, get yourself a rail card.

chipaz

Midshipman
yeaaa just have to get myself a railcard then :) and hes fine thankyou he wanted to join the RN but he has to take medication so cannot join for that reason but he is getting on fine thanks :) arrrghhh that means im goin to be spending quite a bit of money :p never mind worth it i suppose haha

If you ask around, you might be able to bum a lift. There is a lifts board in Drake SR's mess, which might be a good place to start, as there are plenty of SR's who drive home at weekends. Ask the SR's Hall Porter for details. You might stand a better chance if you can get away early, as some people will happily give you a lift, but won't hang about.

chatsharris

Lantern Swinger
It'll be on the system, but part of the procedure we had to do was check if they've had more than 4 in that year, then accept/reject it.

Pain in the hoop I know, but I was a sprog, didn't know any better!

Get You Home Early Years entitles you to more than 4 warrants a year. Speak to your UPO, and you should be able to get one.

I'll be honest, this kind of thing should be dealt with by your Div SR or DO - you will have one, and they should make time for this kind of thing. Yes, the answer is fairly obvious to those who've been in a while, but the Divisional system exists specifically to aid Sailors in these situations. Rather disappointing from the C/PO and Officer involved.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L UPO 11
T Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15