travel warrants

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chipaz, Oct 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey all...... just wondering i finished phase 2 training on the 1st of october and during training i used 4 of my 12 warrants but im currently in hms drake (devonport) waiting for hms northumberland to get back and need to get home next friday, can i use another warrant cuz some people have said you can only use 4 a year but some other people have said you can use 12 wen u want but dont get anymore for 3 years, please can i have some help :D thankyou

2. Go to the UPO Monday morning and get yourself a railcard. You'll saver a third on train ticket prices. Get used to buying your own tickets to avoid disappointment!

3. Chipaz,

Off topic, but how is your Brother now?

( re- his Kidney Transplant & your involvement etc. which you posted 12 Months back at http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=23283.html )

......Just wondered.

Bob

4. It's supposed to be 4 a year, and going strictly by the rules, the UPO can limit you to 1 every three months, but generally don't. Best speak to the UPO, they might be flexible, depends how they interpret the rules, but yes, get yourself a rail card.

5. yeaaa just have to get myself a railcard then :) and hes fine thankyou he wanted to join the RN but he has to take medication so cannot join for that reason but he is getting on fine thanks :) arrrghhh that means im goin to be spending quite a bit of money :p never mind worth it i suppose haha

6. thankyou polto been a big help :) have to get myself down there on monday then :)

7. If you ask around, you might be able to bum a lift. There is a lifts board in Drake SR's mess, which might be a good place to start, as there are plenty of SR's who drive home at weekends. Ask the SR's Hall Porter for details. You might stand a better chance if you can get away early, as some people will happily give you a lift, but won't hang about.

8. Check the JPA sure it says 12 over 3 years. See if you can just apply on there.

9. It'll be on the system, but part of the procedure we had to do was check if they've had more than 4 in that year, then accept/reject it.

Pain in the hoop I know, but I was a sprog, didn't know any better!

10. Get You Home Early Years entitles you to more than 4 warrants a year. Speak to your UPO, and you should be able to get one.

I'll be honest, this kind of thing should be dealt with by your Div SR or DO - you will have one, and they should make time for this kind of thing. Yes, the answer is fairly obvious to those who've been in a while, but the Divisional system exists specifically to aid Sailors in these situations. Rather disappointing from the C/PO and Officer involved.