Travel to HMS Seahawk (RNAS Culdrose)

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Patrick, Jan 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered if anyone on here knew the best way to travel to there from portsmouth. I've researched train stations but seem to be a large distance to cover after the train & a taxi would seem expensive. Anyone know of any bus routes near the base from the train station?

Thanks!

2. You are being drafted there. It is a Duty Trip, so can claim back any necessary taxi fares from the nearest station. Surely your div SR or one of your instructors can give advice, it is their job, after all.

3. I'm certain a bus runs from Redruth train station to the supermarket in Helston fella. Then either a short walk or a cheap taxi if you've got a fair bit of kit.

4. If it's a draft then get a taxi and claim as already pointed out.

If not, your bound to meet some other unfortunate, so do what thousands before you have done and share a taxi.

CU is a pig to get to from Redruth. Some 12 miles.

In the 'good ole' days' before common sense died. CU used to supply pussers buses to get it's folk to camp on a Sunday night. Other than that it was a taxi.

You'll notice the word taxi comes out a lot. So the sooner you get a car the better.:happy3::happy3:

5. Agreed! I'll just claim it back thru JPA. I know, going to be trapped on base till I get a car.

6. Don't forget there's a surcharge if you swamp in the taxi.

7. Bet your not!

Helstoon is but a short walk away and the call of the Bell and the other local taverns will soon be calling you!!!