travel??? confusion!

beth

Midshipman
i have been told not to mention the opportunity to travel when asked y i want to join the RN but surely this is one of the biggest attractions to the navy how do i get around this!!! or what other reason could i say!

Why have you been told to say that? That should be fine in an interview, I would just add to it that would welcome the opportunity to meet people from different cultures. Very New Navy, rather than you expecting it to be cruise ship!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
:shock:
phil1972 said:
Why have you been told to say that? That should be fine in an interview, I would just add to it that would welcome the opportunity to meet people from different cultures. Very New Navy, rather than you expecting it to be cruise ship!
You should have added "and kill them!" :shock:

You're only giving half a reason.

"The opportunity to travel........and party!!!!!!"

Well, that's what I said, anyway.

beth

Midshipman
well its just difficult cos i cant lie the reason i have chose RN over any of the forces is the great opportunity to travel and c the world and get the qualifictaions for civvy street along the way!!! so how do i say that in an interview with outout them thinkin i only want them to pay for me to c the world??? :oops: :oops:

Great opportunity for travel coupled with pertinant (sp?) experience in a constantly updating environment whilst upholding British policies.

I think i mentioned it, even though travelling doesn't actually interest me. I think i said my reasons (training) and added that seeing the world was a bonus. But if that's your reason, say it's why you chose Navy over army/RAF. As long as you don't go through the whole interview only talking about the travel, it won't hurt.

If i remember correctly i said in my interview that i wanted to help protect the people of this nation, learn sum skill and see the world in a different light. I dunno if this helps, but it helped me. roll on the 29th april

Hawkeye

Lantern Swinger
beth said:
well its just difficult cos i cant lie the reason i have chose RN over any of the forces is the great opportunity to travel and c the world and get the qualifictaions for civvy street along the way!!! so how do i say that in an interview with outout them thinkin i only want them to pay for me to c the world??? :oops: :oops:
If your looking for a great opportunity to travel the world can I suggest you look for a career in the Cruise Liner sector.
The shrinking Navy will only give you limited opportunities to see past Wigan Pier as a coastal defence force

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New Information Campaign to Help Brits Prepare for EU Travel Changes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thailand and Singapore added to travel corridor exempt list for England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Portugal, Hungary, French Polynesia and Réunion to be removed from travel corridors list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Islands policy introduced to travel corridors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement on international travel corridors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS No changes to travel corridor list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Switzerland, the Czech Republic and Jamaica to be removed from travel corridors list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Croatia, Trinidad and Tobago and Austria to be removed from travel corridors list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS France, the Netherlands, Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos Islands and Aruba to be removed from travel corridors list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pet owners reminded to seek advice on travel plans ahead of 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UEFA Champions League Finals Travel Advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Andorra, Belgium and The Bahamas to be removed from travel corridors list MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Luxembourg removed from list of travel exemptions for the whole of the UK following data showing a significant change in confirmed cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spain removed from travel corridors exemption list MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Update: travel corridors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Eurostar treaties open up direct travel from Amsterdam to London MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel corridors MoD News 0
J Marine engineer travel opportunities Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS New tech to tackle leaves on the line and de-ice platforms set to revolutionise British rail travel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Taiwan travel during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information about available flights and routes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spain travel during coronavirus: commercial flights between Spain and the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Philippines travel during coronavirus (COVID-19): local car rentals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Philippines travel during coronavirus (COVID-19): Department of Tourism contacts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attestation forms for travel to and within France MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary: continue to follow government guidelines on travel despite warm weather MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 essential travel guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS French personal travel waiver certificate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS French professional travel waiver MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spain travel advice: Foreign Office statement, 18 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel Advice: Foreign Secretary Statement, 17 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for the USA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO statement on Spain travel advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO statement on Poland travel advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office statement: Spain Travel Advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Olympiacos v Wolverhampton travel advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice for England rugby fans travelling to Rome MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Marines travel to Belarus for winter warfare exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SC Braga v Rangers FC travel advice MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Rugby Union Six Nations match against Italy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Olympiacos v Arsenal travel advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus and travel to China: Foreign Secretary's statement, 4 February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Real Madrid CF vs Manchester City FC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Atletico de Madrid CF vs Liverpool FC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Transport Secretary hails new horizons for rail travel across Europe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Novel coronavirus and avian flu: advice for travel to China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO advises against all but essential travel to mainland China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Improving security situation in Pakistan leads to change in UK Travel Advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change to China Travel Advice MoD News 0