travel??? confusion!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by beth, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have been told not to mention the opportunity to travel when asked y i want to join the RN but surely this is one of the biggest attractions to the navy how do i get around this!!! or what other reason could i say!

2. Why have you been told to say that? That should be fine in an interview, I would just add to it that would welcome the opportunity to meet people from different cultures. Very New Navy, rather than you expecting it to be cruise ship!

3. Tell them you want to see the world.Differently :D

Now where have I heard that before?

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

:shock:
    You should have added "and kill them!" :shock:

5. You're only giving half a reason.

"The opportunity to travel........and party!!!!!!"

Well, that's what I said, anyway.

6. well its just difficult cos i cant lie the reason i have chose RN over any of the forces is the great opportunity to travel and c the world and get the qualifictaions for civvy street along the way!!! so how do i say that in an interview with outout them thinkin i only want them to pay for me to c the world??? :oops: :oops:

7. Great opportunity for travel coupled with pertinant (sp?) experience in a constantly updating environment whilst upholding British policies.

8. I think i mentioned it, even though travelling doesn't actually interest me. I think i said my reasons (training) and added that seeing the world was a bonus. But if that's your reason, say it's why you chose Navy over army/RAF. As long as you don't go through the whole interview only talking about the travel, it won't hurt.

9. If i remember correctly i said in my interview that i wanted to help protect the people of this nation, learn sum skill and see the world in a different light. I dunno if this helps, but it helped me. roll on the 29th april

10. If your looking for a great opportunity to travel the world can I suggest you look for a career in the Cruise Liner sector.
    The shrinking Navy will only give you limited opportunities to see past Wigan Pier as a coastal defence force