Transport to Raleigh?

SLL27

How do you get to HMS Raleigh when you start basic training? Do you have to catch the train or can you drive down as I have family in Cornwall that can take my car?
Sorry if it’s a tad daft

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
AFCO supplies the train tickets
If you're going down by car all I know is its at your own expense but yes you can do it
Someone else with more knowledge on it all will be along soon to tell you "ask your afco"
Hahaha

SLL27

Haha I thought as much, my afco is ages away so I thought I might get some answers on here first. Thank you!

SLL27

I’m working out the logistics of signing up first. I want to be able to pass all the physical stuff before I sign up and I have college to finish so not until June next year at the earliest

NavyGirl0505

Midshipman
Literally everything is paid for during your application including eye tests etc. And then you obviously have amazing advantages when you're in too

SLL27

Are there limits on how bad your eyesight can be? I wear glasses that are quite strong but I’m not classed as blind or anything and can see perfectly with them on

Max9393

Lantern Swinger
Are there limits on how bad your eyesight can be? I wear glasses that are quite strong but I’m not classed as blind or anything and can see perfectly with them on
Certain roles need to meet different standards
For your eye test you will be sent paperwork to take to the opticians for them to tick if you meet VA1, VA2, OR VA3
V1 being the best
If you're less than VA3 as far as I know it's bar to entry

NavyGirl0505

Midshipman
I'm not too sure, you'd have to ring your AFCO about it. I don't think it's too bad on my paperwork to go to Raleigh it just says if you wear glasses make sure you bring contact lenses for phys lessons