Transferring to NZ navy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SkullFuct, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering how long after phase 2 training you can put in a transfer to the NZ navy?

Ta

2. Thought you had to be a leading hand or senior rate at the very least

3. I am just wondering how long after phase 2 i can join SF, then be C.O of SAS or SBS, i dont mind either will do, then command my own ship, one of the two super carriers will do i dont mind then also how long after i join up can i expect to be 1st Sealord, by the way i have not joined up yet, just thinking about joining. The AFCO is at least 1 mile away so i google alot of my answers and go on wikipedia. Do you think i am being unrealistic ???

4. I might be an old duffer with the memory of a ZX81 but is there no Part III training anymore?

FFS sprog try and get into the bloody Navy before you try and join another countries.

5. I dont think the kiwis would take you..they do have standards 8)

6. Arse, yes , smart , no.

7. SkullFuct Why oh why have you been awarded the title "Oxygen Thief",

8. Nice to know that the Navy could be getting such a loyal rating as yourself.

9. I think like me he wants to reach for the stars lol.

10. Just get to Raleigh, nip down to new entry and register, or send your oppo and let them know you have gone to New Zealand, they will forward the paperwork and maybe send a steward with your grip.
    Failing this if you PM NZ boot-neck he will meet you off the plane and carry your grip to wherever is convenient.
    Its Britain's "Modern" Navy :wink: :)

11. About 10 years Skullfuct, when you've (maybe) got to senior rate level and have some experience of ANYTHING.

12. Wow cheers, something to work toward then. I have relatives in Auckland and Wellington and was blown away by the country.

Seems how England should be!

13. Do you mean that the RNZN is Britain's "Modern" Navy?????

Things that bad for the RN?

14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

SkullFuct had been 'O2 Thief' tagged, before he asked the bone question at the head of this thread.

15. just as a matter of interest.....the RNZN don't actually state an upper age limit for those having completed their time in the Andrew, wishing to 'join up' in the same rate. however, in my case they took about four weeks to decide that i was clearly an old duffer and therefore not part of the strategic plan!

No dramas... the weather's no better than here anyhow!