Transferring from the Royal Marines

Skanza

Midshipman
Does anyone here know if it is possible to transfer from the Royal Marines after completing Potential Officer's Course and serving for lets say a few years on operational duty (2-3years). To the Royal Navy as an Officer into the Fleet Air Arm as a Pilot?

Just curious to know if this is possible, as I would love a phyiscally demanding route and eventually apply as a Pilot in the Fleet Air Arm.

Much Appreciated!

Cheers!

Skanza

Midshipman
Could you please enlighten me with what 'Junglies' mean (hangs head in shame) sorry .

Doesn't make sense to me without knowing what it means ya see :)

thanks! :)

Skanza

Midshipman
letthecatoutofthebag said:
It is not essential to do the All Arms Course to be a Junglie pilot, but many are (and it couldn't hurt in a "Black Hawk Down" scenario).

I asked a couple of Marines I met a while ago about their pilots and they said they preferred them to have a Green Beret. To be fair I am not sure what current policy is.
Interesting Information! thank you! :)

Much appreciated in helping me make a proper decision.

Jungly_J

I'm currently on 848, waiting to join 846, we've got a few RM pilots, and many RM Aircrew. Many of our RN pilots have got thier green lids, but its not essential to have one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Popcorn Transferring to Royal Navy Police Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
RAFEddie Transferring from the RAF to Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Transferring from the Army to the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
T Transferring The Fleet Air Arm 2
L Transferring Roles (NSI or BOP Change) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J Transferring from one role to another The Fleet Air Arm 5
A LET transferring from Navy to RM Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
B Transferring to RM Joining the Royal Navy 11
MoD_RSS Press release: Southend director banned for transferring assets to father-in-law MoD News 0
vauxhall Transferring Benefits Finance & Pensions 0
A Transferring from army (advice) Joining the Royal Navy 2
R Transferring from RN to RFA? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 4
K Transferring from the army to the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
D Transferring from regular to reserve. RMR 14
T RNR-Transferring from Rating to Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F Transferring from RN Phase 2 to RM. The Corps 4
JohnnyCanuck Transferring to RN International 5
F Transferring from RM to RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N transferring to the Australian navy ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
SkullFuct Transferring to NZ navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
stokers64 branch transferring to air crewman? Blogs 2
B Transferring to the Corps The Corps 5
R Transferring from the Army to the Navy as an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Transferring to the RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
B Transferring to the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Branch Transferring The Fleet 3
P Transferring from the RAF to the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
A Transferring once your in Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
G Transferring to the RMR RMR 5
T Transferring to RM... The Corps 11
soleil Royal Navy International Air Day - Online - Saturday, July 11th 2020 The Fleet Air Arm 2
N Royal Navy Drugs Policy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
T What is the contract of service for the royal navy rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
MoD_RSS Innovative team scoops prestigious Royal Society of Chemistry Award MoD News 0
C RFA or Royal Navy? Older applicant Joining the Royal Navy 26
MoD_RSS "Blame game" to end as Divorce Bill receives Royal Assent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Corporate Insolvency and Governance Bill receives royal assent MoD News 0
soleil FB: "Whittall Division Are Making History At Britannia Royal Naval College" Bases / Shore Est 4
Z Royal Navy triage call Submariners 5
MoD_RSS Sir George Norton appointed as next Commandant of the Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Sue Wilkinson OBE as a Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy joins NATO allies on major maritime exercise in the Baltic Sea region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary addresses members of the Royal College of Defence Studies MoD News 0
B Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1
soleil Sun: "Royal Navy Submarine Crews Face 14-day Quarantine To Prevent Coronavirus Outbreak" Submariners 7
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Prince Of Wales To Carry Out Investigation After Flooding Onboard" The Fleet 16
soleil Scuba Diver Mag: "Heart of Oak – On Board The Royal Navy’s HMS Richmond" The Fleet 0