Transferring from the army to the navy

kinso89

Hello
I was wondering if somebody could give me some guidance please? I have been in the army just over 5 years I am still a sapper rank within the Royal engineers but looking to gain lcpl this Octobers board. I no longer want to be in the army though as I'm finding it tedious and would like to try something different still within HM forces. I requested my transfer pack off my regimental RCMO and completed all sections and will hand it in tomorrow. I was wondering though will I have to take a huge pay cut transferring accross to the RN? Has anybody ever come accross somebody before transferring accross said arms?

I have been looking as some possible job opportunities within the RN in the engineering field. I have some civilian street engineering quals such as a modern apprenticeship and I have also gained some further engineering quals in my time in the army.

Does anybody have any sort of idea how long the wait is for the jobs I list below? Just any sort advice and pointers and I would be very grateful...

Undergraduate apprenticeship scheme (UGAS)
Motorman grade 1 (RFA)
Leading hand supply chain (RFA)
Engineering technician (marine engineer)

Thank you very much.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hello
I was wondering if somebody could give me some guidance please? I have been in the army just over 5 years I am still a sapper rank within the Royal engineers but looking to gain lcpl this Octobers board. I no longer want to be in the army though as I'm finding it tedious and would like to try something different still within HM forces. I requested my transfer pack off my regimental RCMO and completed all sections and will hand it in tomorrow. I was wondering though will I have to take a huge pay cut transferring accross to the RN? Has anybody ever come accross somebody before transferring accross said arms?

I have been looking as some possible job opportunities within the RN in the engineering field. I have some civilian street engineering quals such as a modern apprenticeship and I have also gained some further engineering quals in my time in the army.

Does anybody have any sort of idea how long the wait is for the jobs I list below? Just any sort advice and pointers and I would be very grateful...

Undergraduate apprenticeship scheme (UGAS)
Motorman grade 1 (RFA)
Leading hand supply chain (RFA)
Engineering technician (marine engineer)

Thank you very much.

RN or RFA?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There are 3 or 4 ex Pongo's either now serving in the RN or going through the transfer process, have a look at the search facility (top right) I think Hooly is at sea at the moment.

Latest Threads