Transferring from the army to the navy

Hello
I was wondering if somebody could give me some guidance please? I have been in the army just over 5 years I am still a sapper rank within the Royal engineers but looking to gain lcpl this Octobers board. I no longer want to be in the army though as I'm finding it tedious and would like to try something different still within HM forces. I requested my transfer pack off my regimental RCMO and completed all sections and will hand it in tomorrow. I was wondering though will I have to take a huge pay cut transferring accross to the RN? Has anybody ever come accross somebody before transferring accross said arms?

I have been looking as some possible job opportunities within the RN in the engineering field. I have some civilian street engineering quals such as a modern apprenticeship and I have also gained some further engineering quals in my time in the army.

Does anybody have any sort of idea how long the wait is for the jobs I list below? Just any sort advice and pointers and I would be very grateful...

Undergraduate apprenticeship scheme (UGAS)
Motorman grade 1 (RFA)
Leading hand supply chain (RFA)
Engineering technician (marine engineer)

Thank you very much.

Hello
I was wondering if somebody could give me some guidance please? I have been in the army just over 5 years I am still a sapper rank within the Royal engineers but looking to gain lcpl this Octobers board. I no longer want to be in the army though as I'm finding it tedious and would like to try something different still within HM forces. I requested my transfer pack off my regimental RCMO and completed all sections and will hand it in tomorrow. I was wondering though will I have to take a huge pay cut transferring accross to the RN? Has anybody ever come accross somebody before transferring accross said arms?

I have been looking as some possible job opportunities within the RN in the engineering field. I have some civilian street engineering quals such as a modern apprenticeship and I have also gained some further engineering quals in my time in the army.

Does anybody have any sort of idea how long the wait is for the jobs I list below? Just any sort advice and pointers and I would be very grateful...

Undergraduate apprenticeship scheme (UGAS)
Motorman grade 1 (RFA)
Leading hand supply chain (RFA)
Engineering technician (marine engineer)

Thank you very much.
RN or RFA?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There are 3 or 4 ex Pongo's either now serving in the RN or going through the transfer process, have a look at the search facility (top right) I think Hooly is at sea at the moment.

Seadog

War Hero
As RN you may serve on an RFA ship but not the other way around.
Not so. I know several examples of RFA Officers and Ratings being appointed to RN ships but other than (IIRC) first appointment PWOs, no one is obliged.

The current HMS Protector had an RFA Bosun and WEO early on.

Latest Threads