Transferring from regular to reserve.

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Dccl1805, Aug 16, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi

    I am currently serving as a regular Officer (Captain) and will most likely be leaving regular service in the next two years.

    Is it possible to transfer directly to the RMR? If so where is the best place to get information on the process?

    Many thanks
  2. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    Yep, seamless transfer, Form L005 from pay office/UPO/JSU before commencing terminal leave.
  3. Many thanks. Thank you for the link too.. Best place to find information on pay etc?
  4. Trainer

    Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

    I might add the following - make sure you get a recommend for Reserves Service in your last OJAR. I'm assuming you are a serving Royal Marine already. You will also need 3 screenshots of your last fitness test, JMES MEDCAT, for which you have to be M1, and your security clearance.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    Once you submit a seamless transfer request, you should go over on the same increment level however you may not necessarily go over in the same SQ.

    With regard medcat, it depends whether you are joining a RMR unit as a generic Captain or whether you are aiming for a specific FTRS billet. If it's the latter, depending on the demands of the role, allowances can be made where necessary.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    There is a scheme called Project Firefly for just this, give them a call: 02392 628677. Tell them I advised you to call :)
  7. Trainer

    Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

    After a Bounty there Ninje? You're not eligible LOL. But I am.....:)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Trainer

    Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

    Actually no bounty on this one LOL, he's a retread....
  9. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    Bounty? Nah.

    Job? Yup :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Me, "I want to transfer to the RNR"

    RNR, "Nice one, how did you hear about us?"

    Me, "A Scouse Ninja told me!"

    RNR , Hang up........
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

    :) The username is "known" within Naval recruitment
    • Like Like x 1
  12. If you're in any way considering being a reservist after you leave then use the "seamless transfer" process via Firefly. If you don't like it you can always give your months' notice. However ex-regulars trying to join have all sorts of fun waiting for their prior service paperwork to come through which can takes ages - even if you only left the day before.
  13. Thank you everyone for the information, very much appreciated.
  14. image.jpeg

Share This Page