Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring from regular to reserve.

Dccl1805

Hi

I am currently serving as a regular Officer (Captain) and will most likely be leaving regular service in the next two years.

Is it possible to transfer directly to the RMR? If so where is the best place to get information on the process?

Many thanks

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I might add the following - make sure you get a recommend for Reserves Service in your last OJAR. I'm assuming you are a serving Royal Marine already. You will also need 3 screenshots of your last fitness test, JMES MEDCAT, for which you have to be M1, and your security clearance.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Many thanks. Thank you for the link too.. Best place to find information on pay etc?
Once you submit a seamless transfer request, you should go over on the same increment level however you may not necessarily go over in the same SQ.

With regard medcat, it depends whether you are joining a RMR unit as a generic Captain or whether you are aiming for a specific FTRS billet. If it's the latter, depending on the demands of the role, allowances can be made where necessary.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
There is a scheme called Project Firefly for just this, give them a call: 02392 628677. Tell them I advised you to call :)

CmdKeen

Lantern Swinger
If you're in any way considering being a reservist after you leave then use the "seamless transfer" process via Firefly. If you don't like it you can always give your months' notice. However ex-regulars trying to join have all sorts of fun waiting for their prior service paperwork to come through which can takes ages - even if you only left the day before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Transferring The Fleet Air Arm 2
L Transferring Roles (NSI or BOP Change) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J Transferring from one role to another The Fleet Air Arm 5
A LET transferring from Navy to RM Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
B Transferring to RM Joining the Royal Navy 11
MoD_RSS Press release: Southend director banned for transferring assets to father-in-law MoD News 0
vauxhall Transferring Benefits Finance & Pensions 0
A Transferring from army (advice) Joining the Royal Navy 2
R Transferring from RN to RFA? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 4
K Transferring from the army to the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
Popcorn Transferring to Royal Navy Police Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
T RNR-Transferring from Rating to Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
RAFEddie Transferring from the RAF to Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
F Transferring from RN Phase 2 to RM. The Corps 4
M Transferring from the Army to the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
JohnnyCanuck Transferring to RN International 5
F Transferring from RM to RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N transferring to the Australian navy ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
SkullFuct Transferring to NZ navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
stokers64 branch transferring to air crewman? Blogs 2
B Transferring to the Corps The Corps 5
R Transferring from the Army to the Navy as an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Transferring to the RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
B Transferring to the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Branch Transferring The Fleet 3
P Transferring from the RAF to the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
A Transferring once your in Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Transferring from the Royal Marines The Fleet Air Arm 5
G Transferring to the RMR RMR 5
T Transferring to RM... The Corps 11
MoD_RSS Regular retesting rolled out for care home staff and residents MoD News 0
M Should I join the Reserves or Regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Anchor Faced Going Regular Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 22
mitch30055614 Reserves as a student job (ex-regular) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
P Marine Engineering apprenticeship vs Regular intake Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Press release: Regular e-cigarette use remains low among young people in Britain MoD News 0
vauxhall Leaving Regular Service & Re-joining the FTRS Finance & Pensions 12
N Joining RNR reserves before Navy-regular? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R Reserve to regular ? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
R RNR as an ex regular Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
M EX regular thinking of RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 73
mitch in the north I FEEL I MUST CONFESS TO BEING A REGULAR AT DIAMOND LILS BACK IN ABOUT 1985!! Diamond Lil's 15
MoD_RSS News story: New recognition for Reserve and Regular military service MoD News 0
MikeyBikey Reassurance / Not your regular 9-5 job Nearest & Dearest 1
B Just A Regular Mom At The School Gates Current Affairs 2
B Joining RNR after being Discharged From Regular Navy Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 25
S Entry to the regular corps (Not Supported) RMR 23
Borochap Ex Regular Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 13
F Joining the RNR while awaiting a start date as a regular? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 38
duggers20 transfering from regular RN to RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9