transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in service

#1
some one mentioned this can be done in service (and i am going to check with my current recruiter) but i am 2% off from this branch and am not allowed another test, so my qestions are is this possible, 2 is there a good chance of it happening ,3 and from what branch would the transfer have to be made from the recruiter said the warfare branch but i cant be sure (they are very keen on pushing me into this branch above others including royal marine)
 
#2
Mate, if it's a diver you want to be, join as a diver. Brush up on your English (a few very simple grammatical changes to your post would improve it vastly) and try the test again later, and get a 2% better score. Don't go into a branch knowing that it's not where you want to be.
 
#3
dantae said:
some one mentioned this can be done in service a recruiter in london going to check with my current recruiter but i am 2% off from this branch so my qestions are is this possible and 2 is there a good chance of it happening 3 and from what branch would the tranfer have to be made from the recruiter said the warfare branch but i cant be sure (they are very keen on pushing me into this branch above others including slightly royal marine)
Hopefully they will never put you on a mixed-gas dive. If you speak english at the same standard that you write it then you would be completely unintelligible on heliox.

RM
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#5
Come on lads, credit where its due, He must have good lungs to say that without breathing, surely this makes him a good candidate for Diver
 
#6
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

i got 2% to low on my retest sorry if i didnt mention that i dont have another test open to me
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
#7
dantae, I'm not taking the p+ss here, trying to help.

I don't know what standard of education you have had, but your posts to date have left a lot to be desired, ie. you do not use either punctuation or capital letters where needed. I know that this is a forum and its not the end of the world if a word is misspelt or a comma missed, but if you formulate your sentances properly it might help you raise your test results.
 
#8
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

ok i have just added some grammer to my original post so is there any way this can be done, i dont have another test i have already taken 2 test's so if anyone knows for sure i would be much obliged.
 
#9
janner said:
dantae, I'm not taking the p+ss here, trying to help.

I don't know what standard of education you have had, but your posts to date have left a lot to be desired, ie. you do not use either punctuation or capital letters where needed. I know that this is a forum and its not the end of the world if a word is misspelt or a comma missed, but if you formulate your sentances properly it might help you raise your test results.
:roll:

D'ya want some 'Private Lessons'?
:roll:
 
#11
You generaly don't have to be the sharpest tool in the box to be a diver anyway, but if you want to do it, stick at it. Try again, go harder and take control of your future, no one will give you anything for free (except VD), so go for it. Transfering in service, hmmm. Don't get caught up in that one, your heart won't be in it if you really want to be something else and it could take you years to change over, if ever.
Don't fail to get your job by 2%, **** that, do it again, there is plenty of free help in the UK, take advantage of it.
Good luck. Don't take second choice.
 

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
#12
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

dantae said:
ok i have just added some grammer to my original post so is there any way this can be done, i dont have another test i have already taken 2 test's so if anyone knows for sure i would be much obliged.
There is no reason why you couldn’t “sideways entry†into the divers branch, but it depends on a lot of things. No one can say for 100% that you’ll be able to transfer. If you join a shortage branch then that will really count against a transfer. You picks your branch, you takes your chance. Becoming a ships diver would really help.

:cool:
 

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
#15
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

the_matelot said:
x4nd said:
Becoming a ships diver would really help. :cool:
No such thing anymore.
The general consensus around the office is that ships divers do exist. That was certainly the case 18 months ago when I last stepped foot on an RN vessel.

:roll:
 

the_matelot

War Hero
Moderator
#16
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

x4nd said:
the_matelot said:
x4nd said:
Becoming a ships diver would really help. :cool:
No such thing anymore.
The general consensus around the office is that ships divers do exist. That was certainly the case 18 months ago when I last stepped foot on an RN vessel.

:roll:
Things have changed rapidly in the RN since then. There were ship's divers 18 months ago but they've stopped training them now. Which office are you working in then?

Smooth,

They got rid of them as a cost-cutting measure and so that the clearance divers could get out and about on as many jollies as possible. :D
However, I'm puzzled about one thing.

How the hell are they going to recruit suitable sideways entry guys now they haven't got the ability to show their capability as Ships divers???
 

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
#17
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

letthecatoutofthebag said:
Don't know what office you are in but, though there are still some ship's divers out there the courses stopped some time ago and there are no more teams. Ship's Divers' pay if not already ended will end soon.
I didn't know they'd stopped ships divers courses. Every day is a learning day. The office is in fas rain, but no actual divers amongst us, just lots of silly old sods who really should go back to sea.

:cool:
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
#18
dantae, Please, please, please Join anything except the Royal Marines, the thought of you with anything more dangerous than a blunt bayonet sends shivers down my spine. I would suggest staying away from the cooks branch as well, the opportunities for mass murder are to good.

The word on the street is the TA SAS are activley recriuting for human mine detectors. You can join them straight from Civvy street, You must be able to bunny hop though.

Good luck.
 
#19
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

wet_blobby said:
dantae, Please, please, please Join anything except the Royal Marines, the thought of you with anything more dangerous than a blunt bayonet sends shivers down my spine. I would suggest staying away from the cooks branch as well, the opportunities for mass murder are to good.

The word on the street is the TA SAS are activley recriuting for human mine detectors. You can join them straight from Civvy street, You must be able to bunny hop though.

Good luck.
Ooh Ohh, where do I sign? :lol: :lol:
 
#20
Re: transfering to the diveing branch can it happen in servi

the_matelot said:
x4nd said:
the_matelot said:
x4nd said:
Becoming a ships diver would really help. :cool:
No such thing anymore.
The general consensus around the office is that ships divers do exist. That was certainly the case 18 months ago when I last stepped foot on an RN vessel.

:roll:
Things have changed rapidly in the RN since then. There were ship's divers 18 months ago but they've stopped training them now. Which office are you working in then?

Smooth,

They got rid of them as a cost-cutting measure and so that the clearance divers could get out and about on as many jollies as possible. :D
However, I'm puzzled about one thing.

How the hell are they going to recruit suitable sideways entry guys now they haven't got the ability to show their capability as Ships divers???

The RN diving branch has been substandard for years now. Whenever a tough diving job comes up it is always quietly slid sideways to civilians. RN diving has little capability and what it does have is below par.

The biggest joke in the diving industry was when the British tax-payer gave Jolly Jack 200 million pounds and let him build an "advanced diving vessel" - HMS Challenger. The resulting fiasco was a complete white elephant because Jack wouldn't listen to the experts who were routinely saturation diving to 1000 fsw and had pushed the envelope out to 2300 fsw for an open water dive.

Challenger never worked satisfactorily and after a couple of years was discreetly de-commissioned.

Dantae you would have to be a real numpty to want to join as an RN diver.

RM
 

Similar threads

Top