Transfering to RNZAF

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by malignant, Oct 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone recently transfered to RNZAF. Any pointers that you would give? Advice welcomed.

Request for help not abuse, banter always welcomed.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Malignant,

You maybe better posting on the RAF forum fella, as there will probably be little experience of NZ "Wafoo-ery" on here I'd have thought.

But, we'll see, eh?[​IMG]

3. Dunno bout the RNZAF but its quite easy to transfer to the NZ navy from what I've heard.

4. As long as you can paddle a canoe.

5. Have you posted this on pprune?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

7. If you like Hercules and Iroquois you'll love the RNZAF as that's all they've got. Still here's their home page, if you haven't seen it all info can be accessed from there.
    http://www.airforce.mil.nz/
    NZB

8. I joined the RNZAF in 1996, and lasted about a year.. Was advised by a few senior contacts to get out before it all went to pot, and so I did. Just after that, they started transferring all the engineer roles to the civvie companies..

Depends what you want to do?

9. G'day Malignant.

Can't help you with the NZ RAF, but the Australian RAAF is advertising for all ex personell for their airforce, I'm an ex matelot, so don't know too much about the fly boys, but my son in law has been in the Army for over twenty years and he is signing on again.

The RAAF base is up the road from me and I've known personally two of my mates who transfered there and they said that the conditions were great, the pay is well above what you will be getting from THE MOD, and the overseas money, like for Iraq and Afghanistan, is worth more than their normal years wage. and it's tax free.
    Hopethat everything works out for you where ever you go.

pingbosun.[​IMG]

10. G'day Malignant.

Can't help you with the NZ RAF, but the Australian RAAF is advertising for all ex personell for their airforce, I'm an ex matelot, so don't know too much about the fly boys, but my son in law has been in the Army for over twenty years and he is signing on again.

The RAAF base is up the road from me and I've known personally two of my mates who transfered there and they said that the conditions were great, the pay is well above what you will be getting from THE MOD, and the overseas money, like for Iraq and Afghanistan, is worth more than their normal years wage. and it's tax free.
    Hopethat everything works out for you where ever you go.

pingbosun.[​IMG]