Transfer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Switch., Jun 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am curious to know if it is possible to transfer from from Officer RN to Officer RM and if so, how? I am asking more about the logistics of such a move, the process and how likely such a move is?

Thank you.

2. What's your position now?
    If you aren't in the RN already then don't join the RN expecting to transfer. If the ultimate aim is RM join the RM directly.

If you are in the RN already then put your notice in so I can have your place.

3. Welcome to Rum Ration, Switch.

Question: Do you mean during the application process or when actually serving?

4. When actually serving.

5. Switch

Pls check your Private Message Inbox.

6. Not a chance. POC, RM AIB, YO Cse - after giving your return of service as an RN Officer. If you are still at BRNC you best have some decent reasons lined up for your RM AIB if you do VOLWFT.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those yet to join, the advice is simply that the only assured way of becomming a Commando is by starting off in a trade that has the word in the job title.

Likewise those joining the Corps wishing to be a pilot for example, should be aware that there are more direct routes, less fraught with failure.

Can it be done? In theory yes it can. Has it happened before? Yep. Is it likely? Nope, not even remotely.