Transfer to Deck Cadet after AIB?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Baron88, Sep 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't have the required B grade in science to qualify for entry to the RFA as a Deck Cadet, however i do have the degree required to attempt the AIB to enter the RN as a Warfare Officer.

My question is, If I managed passed the AIB on my way into the RN as a Warfare Officer could i then transfer onto the RFA to be a Deck Cadet instead of continuing into the RN??

I realise the amount of work that would have to be put in to pass AIB and the amount of knowledge i would have to acquire, but i think if it were possible i would prefer the RFA.
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Apply as a deck rating then hope to go RTO.

Sitting the AIB doesn't upgrade your science grade.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Why not just study and take the GCSE privately? There's plenty of tutors and online resources available. If you want to be a RFA Deck Cadet so badly, that seems like the obvious way to do it.
  4. Re-taking the Science GSCE was plan B for sure. Thanks for your input everyone.
  5. Consider it Plan A'd. Thanks for your help.
  6. Thread to be left open, please.
  7. Just to add that the requirement for entry as a Warfare Officer is set at UCAS Point/GCSE level; some Warfare Officer apply with degrees, some don't.
  8. ***********
  9. I should have said i have the qualification requirements, rather than just a degree. But thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.