Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer from RM to Navy Diver

Rmvm

Hi, I am currently in the marines as a class 1 vehicle mechanic and wanting to transfer to navy mine clearance diver. I currently have return of service but I’m not sure if it matters if I transfer within the naval service I know a few oppos who have transferred to marine engineer submariners and I can see why that is an attractive choice but it is not for me.

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge about transferring with return of service I have only recently finished the class 1 course it carries 36 months return of service for some unknown reason extremely long for a course which offers very little in return. I have tried to put my notice in which has been rejected. I wanted to be a commercial diver if i left and becoming a diver in the navy I would at least be a leap in the right direction. Hopefully I would enjoy the job and possibly stay in for the full 22.

I already know that there is a waiting list for navy divers and that it would go to a navy employability board they might turn around and make me complete 3 years as a vehicle inspector.

Has anyone transferred within the navy with ROS which isn’t subs ?

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
They aren't recruiting Divers at the moment. There's a post elsewhere on here announcing a moratorium on Diver recruiting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Transfer from Army to Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
Armouredcav18 British Army to Royal Navy transfer Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Army to Navy transfer advice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Bill6001 Army Reservist transfer to Royal Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Army Sgt Vehicle Mechanic (REME) transfer to Royal Navy ME Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
D Army to Navy qualified nurse transfer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Army to navy transfer UPO/Careers Office 3
J Army transfer to navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
I Army to Navy Transfer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
cutchmc Army to Navy transfer Marine Engineer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
T Transfer to MPGS From Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B Transfer from army to navy q's. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
scotsparamedic Paramedic already in RAF Reserves transfer possible to Navy? The Quarterdeck 8
T Trying to transfer from army to navy please help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
G Transfer form Army into Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
N Transfer to Australian Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
A Transfer from RM to RN MoD News 2
F Joining RNR/RMR - Potential Transfer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
W Branch Transfer UPO/Careers Office 3
MoD_RSS MPs to transfer sanctions power to independent panel MoD News 0
A Aircrew branch transfer UPO/Careers Office 37
MoD_RSS Bank of England consent to transfer of authorisation to issue Northern Irish banknotes MoD News 0
M MN to RN transfer Joining the Royal Navy 10
A Quickest way to transfer to Regulars? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS NDA completes transfer of plutonium from Dounreay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your Learning Map to transfer to GOV.UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD’s advice helped people on TUPE transfer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Right to transfer determinations: West Kensington and Gibbs Green Estates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Right to transfer determination: Cressingham Gardens Estate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister announces new transfer option for mortgage interest support MoD News 0
rabbutler1985 PO GS to transfer to SM either as SNCO or Officer Submariners 6
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister announces new transfer option for mortgage interest support MoD News 0
1 Lateral transfer into the RN; possible? What if trained in RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS News story: Winfrith land transfer secures £1.7 million savings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF medics transfer UN hospital in South Sudan to Vietnamese MoD News 0
T Transfer from RM to RN Joining the Royal Navy 25
A Branch transfer as an AB1 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B Looking into a transfer to AC The Fleet Air Arm 23
C Weapon engineer, role transfer? Joining the Royal Navy 23
S Transfer to RAN Submariners 12
NateDogg Able to transfer/ move to another common wealth force? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
W Transfer to Royal Marines questions? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Richbomber Transfer offer received The Fleet 34
P Your advice RM transfer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P Possible drafts or transfer opportunities Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
Richbomber Transfer from REME to ETME (SM) Submariners 5
D Transfer to Full Time Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
S branch Transfer from GS to Subs... whats the process? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
divingduke Transfer from RNR to RN UPO 3
F branch transfer from warfare Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3