Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer from Army to Navy

Hi everyone I’m requesting a transfer from the Army to Navy. Can anyone let me know of the process? How long roughly it takes? Do I have to do the swim test having passed one with the army? Will I have to do medicals as I have just had one saying I’m fully deployable and medically fit? I’m also looking to join as a aircraft controller if anyone on here knows anyone doing the trade etc send them my way so I can ask a few questions regarding it. I have a hand tattoo on left hand not below the knuckle will this be a issue I am in the process of having it removed but it takes time. Cheers laddies and Gents.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I used to be an AC. However, I wasn’t a direct entry rating. (It used to be branch transfer when recommended and passed for leading hand). Therefore, I’m not totally clued up on new processes.
There are a few threads of this nature knocking about though, if you use the search function, I’m sure you’ll find what you’re after.

soleil

War Hero
Hi everyone I’m requesting a transfer from the Army to Navy. Can anyone let me know of the process? How long roughly it takes? Do I have to do the swim test having passed one with the army? Will I have to do medicals as I have just had one saying I’m fully deployable and medically fit? I’m also looking to join as a aircraft controller if anyone on here knows anyone doing the trade etc send them my way so I can ask a few questions regarding it. I have a hand tattoo on left hand not below the knuckle will this be a issue I am in the process of having it removed but it takes time. Cheers laddies and Gents.

So I’ve been hearing around that because I’ve only served 2 years in the army I might have to serve a certain time before i can transfer over to the navy can anyone confirm this??

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
So I’ve been hearing around that because I’ve only served 2 years in the army I might have to serve a certain time before i can transfer over to the navy can anyone confirm this??
Try your UPO, as a Navy site I doubt there's anyone on here that can answer an Army query. it would depend on your trade in the army and your Return of Service at a guess.

So my oc isn’t willing to sign and pass my transfer docs to the co as I haven’t done my full return of service is there anyway I can get this to happen ? Can I pay and buy my self out ?

Alfacharlie

War Hero
So my oc isn’t willing to sign and pass my transfer docs to the co as I haven’t done my full return of servic
Probably, that’s your answer.Suck it up, and crack on with your return of service.
I wouldn’t go too hasty and try and get discharged though, that’ll burn your bridges.
Good luck.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Buying yourself out disappeared when they brought in the ability to put your notice in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Armouredcav18 British Army to Royal Navy transfer Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Army to Navy transfer advice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Bill6001 Army Reservist transfer to Royal Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Army Sgt Vehicle Mechanic (REME) transfer to Royal Navy ME Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
D Army to Navy qualified nurse transfer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Army to navy transfer UPO/Careers Office 3
J Army transfer to navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
I Army to Navy Transfer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
cutchmc Army to Navy transfer Marine Engineer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
B Transfer from army to navy q's. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
T Trying to transfer from army to navy please help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
G Transfer form Army into Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T Transfer from Army Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Transfer from Army/RAF to Royal Marines CO? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
M Transfer to Army UPO 38
whitemouse Transfer of Army (Service ?) personnel Current Affairs 8
R Transfer from Army. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C help , want to transfer from Army to RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
P Pay on Transfer from Army Finance & Pensions 3
N Transfer: Army To Royal Marines Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Transfer from the Army Submariners 5
A Transfer from RM to RN MoD News 2
F Joining RNR/RMR - Potential Transfer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
W Branch Transfer UPO/Careers Office 3
MoD_RSS MPs to transfer sanctions power to independent panel MoD News 0
A Aircrew branch transfer UPO/Careers Office 37
MoD_RSS Bank of England consent to transfer of authorisation to issue Northern Irish banknotes MoD News 0
M MN to RN transfer Joining the Royal Navy 10
A Quickest way to transfer to Regulars? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS NDA completes transfer of plutonium from Dounreay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your Learning Map to transfer to GOV.UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD’s advice helped people on TUPE transfer MoD News 0
R Transfer from RM to Navy Diver UPO/Careers Office 3
MoD_RSS Right to transfer determinations: West Kensington and Gibbs Green Estates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Right to transfer determination: Cressingham Gardens Estate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister announces new transfer option for mortgage interest support MoD News 0
rabbutler1985 PO GS to transfer to SM either as SNCO or Officer Submariners 6
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister announces new transfer option for mortgage interest support MoD News 0
1 Lateral transfer into the RN; possible? What if trained in RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS News story: Winfrith land transfer secures £1.7 million savings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF medics transfer UN hospital in South Sudan to Vietnamese MoD News 0
T Transfer from RM to RN Joining the Royal Navy 25
A Branch transfer as an AB1 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B Looking into a transfer to AC The Fleet Air Arm 23
C Weapon engineer, role transfer? Joining the Royal Navy 23
S Transfer to RAN Submariners 12
NateDogg Able to transfer/ move to another common wealth force? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
W Transfer to Royal Marines questions? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Richbomber Transfer offer received The Fleet 34
P Your advice RM transfer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13