Training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by HOPPY1403, Jul 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi just a quick question during training do you have to do helicopter dunk into pool

2. I refuse to answer that question on the grounds of insanity. :w00t:

3. Of course you do, particularly if you are joining the submarine service.

You've also got to slip Debra Winger a length.

4. repeatedly HOPPY, i remember doing the dunker at least once a week diring phase one.

5. easy :thumright: peasy

6. Hoppy
    If you are going to be a wafu and join a ships flight you may be asked to do the dunker. Most members of the flight ride in the helicopter at some stage and as it frequently over water it is worth doing the dunker. I was on Manchester flight in the early 80s and out flight commander requested members of the flight to do it. By now it may be mandatory. It's no big deal and there is no danger,. Do it and enjoy it :thumright:
    I wanted a go at the submarine escape tank when I did my dunker (the dunker was on top of the tank) unfortunately it was restricted to submariners.

7. well I will look forward to it when i go in octber thanks guys for answering. I must say they don't mention a lot of things on website or go into great detail of training you do down in Raleigh.