Discussion in 'The Corps' started by eyeballjon, Dec 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys
    So I want to join the Royal Marines and Ive been training myself for it. I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with it, mainly any tips on training. Areas to focus on.

I also have a question, I have no military experience will this make it harder for me to join?

Thanks guys
  2. From experience of working with Royals,
    Play loads of shoot em up games.
    Watch the Saw movies series
    Watch loads of stand up comedy e.g.Jethro DVD`s to develop a well needed sense of humour, to be able to spin a dit.

Build up gradually long runs, then with weighted rucksack only when your ready, then in boots.
    Chins dips all against body weight stuff
    Lots of beer at the weekends to get pub fit

Any good camping/army surplus outlet

Check that it goes with Green
  3. Thanks guys.
    I have to say...that is my sort of training going to the pub and watching horror movies. :D
    Thanks as well for the link.

Thanks guys!!
  4. Also you will need to find your dress size and develop the ability to walk in heels after 15 pints, all part of your commando skills.

5. The ability to fold your uniform neatly to set in the corner when someone called "naked bar"!
  6. hi mate, some sound advice there, apart from the bit about the weight runing, dont do that just run in trainers starting off short and getting longer. also do chin ups, press ups and sit ups to a hard standard. the royal marines require alot of upper body strength especially in training.