Training Route for Communications Technician

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by LizzyGreen, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there

I have my selection interview next week and I need to know the training route for Communications Technician.

I thought that I knew it but keep finding conflicting information!

I know that it is 9 weeks at HMS Raleigh, and 4-6 months sea training. But then is it HMS Collingwood or Chicksands for the technical training and is it 8 or 18 months?

Any help on this would be fantastic.

Many thanks
  2. Quack Quack Oooops. It's 10 weeks at HMS Raleigh.
  3. It is? On the website and all the documentation I have it says 9 weeks. It is more the Collingwood v Chicksands that I am unsure about...
  4. I passed out of Raleigh (when it was nine weeks), and then went to Collingwood. It was then HMS Ocean, for approximately 6 months. Had a couple of weeks back at Collingwood to do some Morse/typing consolidation, and then went to Blandford for five weeks. Had two weeks summer leave, and I'm now at DISC Chicksands.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  5. Ahh I see - so basically it is Raleigh, Collingwood, sea training, Collingwood, Blandford and Chicksands....

So very helpful.

Also, another question I need to know for my interview is - where I would be based once CT training is complete...? Any idea..I remember once being told that a lot of work can be with the RAF, US Navy and French Navy...sound about right?

And another thing, I don't suppose you have any idea of the pass rate of Raleigh? (this is more to settle my nerves!)

6. Is that your real name?

If so, not a good start for a secret squirrel.
  7. Our second time at Collingwood was because we left the ship early I believe - it may not be what normally happens. In terms of where you may be after you complete Phase 2C is anyone's guess. It could be in London, overseas, at sea, or a mixture. We haven't been told yet.

Also, I have no idea of what the Raleigh pass rate is!
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  8. haha, technically it is not.
  9. Why concern yourself about the pass rate at Raleigh. Do you think that there is a certain amount from each entry that they are looking to get rid of. If everyone reaches and maintains the standards they will all pass-out. Turn up, do your very best, do as you're told, keep your head below the radar, pass everything and all will be fine. Don't forget to bring an iron.
    • Like Like x 1