Training plan at Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by justadrama, Sep 30, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I've searched and looked and searched again and can't find exactly what I need,

I have a last minute interview in a few days and have been told what I'm going to be asked - types of boats, job spec and what training I will do during basic.

The first 2 I have sorted but I can't find anything in depth on basic training, so is there someone that has recently completed phase 1 or is there a thread I cant find that someone knows of that has details?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Thanks muskovardo, appreciate that.

Looked all through the RN website but was looking for something more detailed.

I've been through this all before being ex pongo but don't want to go in to the room thinkin I know it all without learning everything I can from people that have done it.
  3. Have you checked out the recruit diaries? You can find some great info on their. Good luck
  4. When I had my interview my recruiter basically wanted to hear that during phase 1 I understood that there was the MST military swim test, NEFT new entry fitness test (I think that's the official name of it) Medical, all of which if I failed, I would be booted. Then he was happy to hear that I knew of kit musters, going on short exercises, naval knowledge amongst other classroom based lessons with two exams and when weapon training would begin (week 3) Oh and that it's split into three phases, first 4 weeks militarisation, second 4 weeks marinisation, 2 weeks confirmation and during which I would pass out probably in two ways lol. Hope that helps!!
    • Like Like x 1