Training Over Christmas

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Greendeath, Dec 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you preparing yourselves for Basic training and worrying about your fitness training over the holidays. Remember even us former marines get a little disgruntled at the change in training schedule too over the christmas period. My last training session before the holidays is Sunday and then it will be Thursday after Christmas to clear the cob webs away from Christmas and Boxing day.

When I served in the Corps, I used to take Christmas Day and Boxing day off, New Years day. The days over the holidays when I went running, I reduced the distances and ran at a less urgent pace. I still drank most nights, as you do. I guess it was my way of enjoying the holidays and winding down.

Some bootnecks in my troop didn't do any training over the holiday period and only drank lots of ale. That became apparent on the first day back after leave when we went for our first run. However, that said, those who suffered during the run, threw up on the move and no matter how painful they found it, they didn't fall back or slacken off the pace.

That's bootnecks for you !! :thumright:

Cheers

Steve

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ahhgg, memories... :dwarf:

3. And you had to return later to wipe up the puke! Unless the crows ate it first