Training Divisoins

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by limey_sailor, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey all,

I'm a little stuck here, i'm platoon commander for Training divisions tomorrow, i have however been away from training establishments for a while.... what foot do you give which order on??

into line left turn and eyes right??

cheers,
    mr wingin it!! :thumright:

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Um erm ah! good question probably left to someone who has actually marched in the last five years (not me!)

3. as one of the inspecting divisional staff at a pompeii base i dont think it really gives a fcuk. the troops seem to make it upc as they go along.

4. If you're on Killick's course, LRCC, SRCC etc then it doesn't really matter since they'll send you round a few times anyway.

Apparently practice makes perfect. :salut:

5. I have just asked Mrs SS if that is true and apparently it doesnt include shagging in that statement.

6. At the risk of a waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!, "into line, left, TURN" on the left foot, "eyes, RIGHT" on the right foot.
    :thumright:

7. well that's what i'll be doin... at a pompeii base!! -may see you there, ill be the one going round again! lol

8. :thumright: cheers dunkers. i'll go with that... i'll also stand-by to stand-by! ha ha..

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If its a command for matelots does it matter? these guys are superb at doing there own thing on parade, dont discourage them, individual flair is a wonderful thing.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

When stepping off from the position of 'attention' then you always step off on the left foot. (Trivia: The only time you step off on right foot is when you are on the left flank when acting as a pall bearer for a coffin.)

All orders are given on the right foot, in order that a 'check step' can be taken before executing the action. However if the squad are to move to the left on the march, then the order is given on the left foot, so the right foot takes the check step and the left foot is turned to the left before the rest of the body moved in that direct. "Eyes right" is also given on the right foot (however the front right marker maintains the "eyes front" in order for the rest of the squad to form up on his position).

Practice makes perfect; take your squad for a few manoeuvres prior to falling in before Divisions.

11. wet_blobby

(Trivia: The only time you step off on right foot is when you are on the left flank when acting as a pall bearer for a coffin.)

Qoute SPB.....(hehehehe)

What happens if before you get to the coffin you have to march over a wooden bridge and have to change step? then have to march over the wooden bridge again to the burial site, half way over the bridge you have to change step again with the coffin? :dwarf:

12. top marks for sgtpb's answer.. sod the wooden bridge, i think we'll be okay!! :thumright:

13. Fear not if your squad is a bag of crap on the way round, Matelots seem to have a knack of pulling it together just before flag alpha and falling apart just after flag bravo.

14. wet_blobby

lightwieght........

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Staff answer? "Relinquish uniform and mingle with the crowd..." :book: :3some:

16. What happens if its a burial at sea?
    Sorry,the curosity is killing me.