Training at BRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wannabeloggy, Oct 12, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I know the training pipeline has changed recently at BRNC and was wondering whether I'd be able to have confirmation of my knowledge?

I believe the 10 weeks militarisation phase still exists, which includes the 4 day romp on a Dartmoor.
    Secondly is marinisation 1 which is applying militarisation to a maritime environment, this also includes a initial sea acquaint (ISA) - 3 weeks on board ship - replacing the IFA.

Thirdly, I think it's marinisation 2 which is tests and exams on what you have learnt at BRNC?

2. You are correct as far as I know for the latest intakes. You also have MARL in marinisation 2 which is assessed.

3. Similar to the '4 day romp on Dartmoor' but on the River Dart. Plenty on here if you do a search. ABLE is Dartmoor, MARL on the river.

4. The search function is your friend

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/community...ining-from-14th-sept-2014.75320/#post-1212718

5. You are Jesus and I claim my £5

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. It has changed again after this summer.

There are now only three entries a year (no November).

It is now 2x 15 week terms, militarisation and marinisation with all the same exercises in as before just spread out differently. Then onto Basic Fleet Time for a couple of months before some branch training and then SFT for 8 months split across two different ships.

The current September intake are the first to experience this new system, so if there are any of them lurking they might be able to tell you more and where the various exercises fit in.

7. Lurking here. And correct, BLD is now in Week 9, ABLE in Week 11. Militarisation ends after Week 15, which for us is after Christmas leave. BSSC is Week 6/7 and we do more academics in the first 15 weeks compared with the previous entry. Any more questions, feel free to ask.