Training and reservist leave

HAJT15

Hello, just wanted to get a sense of things. Prior to confirmation course at Raleigh, there is the the one week militarisation, one week sea time. That to me fills up my two weeks my employer would give me in this year. So to do Raleigh for two weeks I would need to wait to my next leave year.

Does that sound about right for average employers. I was kind of given the impression you could get rating in about a year, but that doesn’t seem feasible with leave allowance unless take unpaid leave.

Thanks all.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Yes.

But that is normal. You will have much to do in unit, in addition to the compulsory weekends, before your NEI book you on a confirmation course. In addition keep in mind that the RNR training year runs 1st April to 31st March so it's not as long as you might imagine.

If you don't understand the concept of juggling commitments, you soon will! ;-)
Welcome aboard.

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger
Prior to confirmation course at Raleigh, there is the the one week militarisation, one week sea time. That to me fills up my two weeks my employer would give me in this year.
You dont quite have the right levels of pre-Raleigh course there, it is a little less/ different. Get the deets from you INTO.