Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Training Allowance To GO

Apparently this has returned;

fROM WEEKELY ORDERS.

12. Entitlement to Meals Out Allowance on Drill Nights – CMRTM 26/07 has introduced the entitlement to Meals Out Allowance (MOA) for reservists who travel direct from their place of work to attend their reserve unit on a drill night and purchase a meal on at least two occasions a month. Claims may only be made retrospectively at the end of each month and must be supported by individual receipts and the method of claim is contained in the I-Expense Guide in the JPA folder in the shared area on DII. Additionally, entitlement to MOA is backdated to 12 Feb 07; any individual who has claimed Home to Duty travel from their place of work for a drill night attendance during the period 12 Feb to 28 Nov 07 on at least two occasions in one month are to contact their unit PSI to confirm eligibility to submit a backdated claim.

trehorn said:
Apparently this has returned;

fROM WEEKELY ORDERS.

12. Entitlement to Meals Out Allowance on Drill Nights – CMRTM 26/07 has introduced the entitlement to Meals Out Allowance (MOA) for reservists who travel direct from their place of work to attend their reserve unit on a drill night and purchase a meal on at least two occasions a month. Claims may only be made retrospectively at the end of each month and must be supported by individual receipts and the method of claim is contained in the I-Expense Guide in the JPA folder in the shared area on DII. Additionally, entitlement to MOA is backdated to 12 Feb 07; any individual who has claimed Home to Duty travel from their place of work for a drill night attendance during the period 12 Feb to 28 Nov 07 on at least two occasions in one month are to contact their unit PSI to confirm eligibility to submit a backdated claim.

Okay, so IF we kept receipts from McD's or BK for the last year - come on! Who keeps those receipts for that long anyway?!

I'm more concerned about the "at least two occasions a month" piece, as I can't always get to the unit more than once a month because of work. Does this mean that I can't claim it?

How about those units that do in-house food after the parade night. A lot of people skip meals from coming directly from work - does this mean that we now have to start getting receipts for a pie? Can we even do this, as it's not being run as a formal business?

Sounds like one of those things to cause more problems than not, so they hope that no-one will both to claim for anything and thus save the MoD/RN more money..

The bit about contact the PSI regarding backdated claims would result in him/her telling you that the requirement to retain receipts for 2 years was waived for the period between Feb and the date of the memo (the RNR accepted that it would be unfair for you to have kept receipts for an allowance to which you did not know you were entitled!). So if you have been entitled then get in there and fill your boots. Secondly the requirement for you to attend twice in one month might be a problem for you but the RN requirement is for them to have missed meals for at least 9 times in a month - a relaxation was introduced because the RAF Aux guys approached the MoD and advised them that Reservists might only attend the unit up to 4 times a month so this was seen as a bit of a good relaxation. There is no way that this is as good as the old allowance but it is certainly better than nothing!

Latest Threads