Train times = Raleigh classes?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by G-Man_1991, May 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all, had my briefing for Raleigh last week and got all my train tickets, kit list etc. I've been speaking to a couple of people with the same entry date as myself and it appears a few arrive into Plymouth an hour earlier than me. Could this have anything to do with the classes at Raleigh where, depending on when folks arrive into Plymouth, people are placed into the two classes? Just a question of curiosity :) .

2. If I understand your question correctly the answer is 'no'. Classing up is done some weeks before you join and is based upon many factors to try and maintain an even balance between the classes (ie shared as equally as possible based on gender, age, branch, even AFCO of origin - there is an order to this, but i can't remember exactly what it is).

I imagine the difference in arrival times is purely down to where individuals are travelling from.

Apologies if I have misunderstood.

3. You indeed understood the question, cheers for clearing that up for me mate.

4. I recall that Jenny_Dabber's brother also had a hand in arranging for the staggered arrival times at Plymouth Station.

He pointed out that crowded platforms heighten the risk of recruits beneath the trains.

See also:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=26354/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html