Trafalgar Night

Since today is the 21st October - those who can will be having their Traf Night dinners - those who can't will be waiting till the weekend - any good dits about Traf Night (or Pickle Night) dinners?

SO2Seaman

Lantern Swinger
Last year I commemorated the anniversary of the great battle in the British Support Unit Baghdad – we even managed to get the Daily Telegraph to put a dit into the “Service Dinners†section of the Court and Social page. This year it will be a tad lower key as I’m taking a load of Australian Military (that I met out there) for pie and pint in a pub in Canberra, as I’m out here on business. However we will find a location that serves port, and will toast the immortal memory.
SO2 Seaman

SO2Seaman said:
Last year I commemorated the anniversary of the great battle in the British Support Unit Baghdad – we even managed to get the Daily Telegraph to put a dit into the “Service Dinners†section of the Court and Social page. This year it will be a tad lower key as I’m taking a load of Australian Military (that I met out there) for pie and pint in a pub in Canberra, as I’m out here on business. However we will find a location that serves port, and will toast the immortal memory.
SO2 Seaman

FFS CANBERRA?? There is nothing in Canberra except hot air from the hill!

Welcome to Australia mate :thumright:

Fizz

Lantern Swinger
Well I fell asleep during our Guest of Honour's speech...woke up to find half the room staring at me and laughing - COME ON PEOPLE!! I'd just come back from Dartmoor!! Give me a break!! And to be fair, I gave the Vice Admiral warning in advance. Don't think he believed I'd actually do it though...

A

angrydoc

The Traf Night in DRAKE was very good - significant Port consumption, but a fantastic night!

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
Ohhh yes.. Last night!

Our padre made several 'Ship o' the Line' cakes for desert; choc cake shaped as w/wall ships with paper sails and sparklers for cannons.

Fantastic effort, effect and result except for... the sails caught fire, and spread throughout the fleet and burnt the waitress!! I run off to find the special key to deactivate the fire alarm system before Fireman Sam turns up, only to find its missing.
Fortunately the alarm stayed silent; as did the waitress. (Cant't say the same for the old boys from the RNA though!)

How sad am I scanning through news pages on different RNR Unit websites but, on this occasion I turned up a gem featuring an old boss of mine from HMS (as it was then) CERES days when he was CO.

This was on the HMS FORWARD news page - Trafalgar Night in Sudan - "Good effort Boss, especially getting the French along to it!"

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.14118

If anyone has an e-mail address for him (no names on this site due to PERSEC but since his name is in the News/Press release I don't know why I am being so cautious) please PM me so I can try to make contact again after what must be about 15 years!

Huntingdon RNA has black tie as an option with the minimum of Jacket/Tie, no formal rules for the Ladies. Serving members (we have 5) are No 1's or mess dress.

We have enough trouble getting them to commit without enforcing rules on them :(

Anyone in the Huntingdon area that wants to come along please PM me (October 24th) :) £17 per head.

Huntingdon RNA has black tie as an option with the minimum of Jacket/Tie, no formal rules for the Ladies. Serving members (we have 5) are No 1's or mess dress.

We have enough trouble getting them to commit without enforcing rules on them :(

Anyone in the Huntingdon area that wants to come along please PM me (October 24th) :) £17 per head.
Almunecar RNA has black tie as an option with the minimum of Jacket/Tie, no formal rules for the Ladies. We have no Serving members.

Anyone in the Almunecar (Southern Spain) area that wants to come along please PM me (October 23rd) :)30 euros per head.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skyvet Social & Reunions 33
MoD_RSS MoD News 1
SONAR-BENDER The Quarterdeck 18