Trafalgar Night

The Eastern Cyprus branch of the RNA are holding our annual Trafalgar Night commemoration this evening, and would wish a pleasant evening to fellow shipmates doing likewise. The evening will of course commence with the issuing of a tot!
The Queen - God bless her

Bridlington RNAs Trafalgar Dinner, tonight at the Ransdale Hotel, you may have seen it on Steph and Doms 5 star makeover for hotels on channel 4 last week.

Almuñecar (Spain) branch of the RNA has its Trafalgar Night dinner tomorrow night. Rum and or Cava* reception followed by full traditional British meal – even Spotted Dick and custard! But tapas at the reception!

Had to pad this year’s numbers out with some visiting Crabs from along the coast! Hey Ho!

* I found that a rum and cava shandy is quite nice. The Branch found it quite amusing later during my speech when they couldn’t understand what I was saying!

Well, against my own advice, I did partake of a couple of rum and cava shandies, but kept it in check this year! Got through my speech and had a couple of ports....... and maybe a rum.

Great night had by all - cracking food, cracking company - even the Crabs!

^Whilst at home alone Larrs Knight I had to resort to the Jockanese Wine for my solitary toast to Ludd 'Rashi O'Nelson .

Rum at MT Level:oops:, sorely tempted, but judiciously avoided raiding OH's French Cognack VSOP***.

Whickee did suffice - And the upside was, that for more Traf Nights that I care to remember, this morning's afterwards was the clearest ever.:D

Almuñecar (Spain) branch of the RNA has its Trafalgar Night dinner tomorrow night. Rum and or Cava* reception followed by full traditional British meal – even Spotted Dick and custard! But tapas at the reception!

Had to pad this year’s numbers out with some visiting Crabs from along the coast! Hey Ho!

* I found that a rum and cava shandy is quite nice. The Branch found it quite amusing later during my speech when they couldn’t understand what I was saying!
Same here, however one was a retired Dr and a former Queens Surgeon.

Not wishing to blackcat, but our branch President attended from the UK, and his bezzy oppo is the current 1SL!
Anyone care to 15/2 that one?

ps : edited to add that we had a great night, and hope you all did too :)

My birthday is on Trafalgar Day. Last 'Big' birthday I went to the Trafalgar Night dinner on Warrior in Pompey - absolutely brilliant! Next 'Big' birthday is next year.

Now, here's a plan.What if we could somehow organise a Rum Ration Traf Night (or Pickle Night) bash somewhere? Can you imagine the crack......

My birthday is on Trafalgar Day. Last 'Big' birthday I went to the Trafalgar Night dinner on Warrior in Pompey - absolutely brilliant! Next 'Big' birthday is next year.

Now, here's a plan.What if we could somehow organise a Rum Ration Traf Night (or Pickle Night) bash somewhere? Can you imagine the crack......
70 next year I never guessed you were that old:eek::p:D:rolleyes:

Cyprus is still "half blues" weather in October, and I have room on my floor for at least 20, plus hammock space for a further 20 if that helps??
Anyone not minding wildlife could also have the "al fresco" sleeping quarters, on the understanding that the local bats, owls and members of the David Attenborough appreciation society all agree to co-exist during the hours of darkness.
Applications for accomodation by email or pm please ........................

Cyprus is still "half blues" weather in October, and I have room on my floor for at least 20, plus hammock space for a further 20 if that helps??
Anyone not minding wildlife could also have the "al fresco" sleeping quarters, on the understanding that the local bats, owls and members of the David Attenborough appreciation society all agree to co-exist during the hours of darkness.
Applications for accomodation by email or pm please ........................
About 120 veteran and serving submariners descend on Bridlington each June for no other reason than we had a wake for a veteran submariner who had no family and the RNA put a wake on, this next year will be the fourth or fifth visit to raise money for charities local to Bridlington and Faslane. We have a cracking AFD as well organised on the back of a fag packet! If you want to put something on give it a go.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 1
SONAR-BENDER The Quarterdeck 18
broadside Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 31