Trafalgar Day 2019

T Day 2019 - Around this time of year 400 or so of the youth of our Nation wise enough to wear the RN's blue suit (as Sea Cadets etc) march up the Mall and thrill onlookers with their programme of drill/music/wreaths/prayers and suchlike within Trafalgar Square.

Sadly, on Sun 20th this year, Traf Square was not available - having become a litter-strewn & shabby tent city occupied by glued-on-and-sniffling inconsiderates. Instead, a late venue change resulted in their programme being shifted to Horse Guards Parade, as announced by the Sun:

.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10165741/trafalgar-day-parade-2019-what-time-start-whats-route-where-watch/

Went the day well? Unlikely to gain the Media's attention to anything like the same degree as other recent marches & incidents at T Sq but apparently it was a great success. The dry weather certainly helped & the Sea Cadet's various Facebook pages include heaps of photos.
1571660532677.png

BZ to all those Cadets, Staff, parents & helpers who consistently keep our RN traditions & standards alive (Not me but especially those three from the BOOTWOO Tribe...)

T Day 2019 - Around this time of year 400 or so of the youth of our Nation wise enough to wear the RN's blue suit (as Sea Cadets etc) march up the Mall and thrill onlookers with their programme of drill/music/wreaths/prayers and suchlike within Trafalgar Square.

Sadly, on Sun 20th this year, Traf Square was not available - having become a litter-strewn & shabby tent city occupied by glued-on-and-sniffling inconsiderates. Instead, a late venue change resulted in their programme being shifted to Horse Guards Parade, as announced by the Sun:

.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10165741/trafalgar-day-parade-2019-what-time-start-whats-route-where-watch/

Went the day well? Unlikely to gain the Media's attention to anything like the same degree as other recent marches & incidents at T Sq but apparently it was a great success. The dry weather certainly helped & the Sea Cadet's various Facebook pages include heaps of photos.
View attachment 44308

BZ to all those Cadets, Staff, parents & helpers who consistently keep our RN traditions & standards alive (Not me but especially those three from the BOOTWOO Tribe...)

Great to see, there were a few from our local unit there I believe.

Such a shame they don't get the financial support that the Army Cadets and ATC get :(

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
"Trafalga" though? Duty spellchecker to the Bridge.

Loved the test firing bit though - I presume that the car alarm going off afterwards wasn't co-incidence. You can hear the wifies chatting about it after the actual event - as blanks they can still have a percussive shock effect.

Totally hoofing.