Trades - Bomb Disposal Officers

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by vacuous, Dec 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. A quick question to those in the know.

    Does the Royal Navy have a trade that is similar to the Army's 'Ammunition Technical Officer' or 'Ammunition Technician'?

    You know, dealing with EOD and IEDD?

  2. sgtpepperband

    sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

    Thought you were going RM Occifer?! :?
  3. Keeping my options open S'arnt. Want to know whats available to me before I commit ^~
  4. Not too fussed about Officer or Rating/Other Rank either.
  5. If only women weren't as fussy as you, I'd trap more often.
  6. Sorry that should've read:-

    If only women weren't as fussy as you, I'd trap.
  7. :lol: LOL, one day mate one day :thumright:

    If all else fails try London, 500,000 single woman; can't fail :safe:

  8. The RN has Warfare Officers qualified in Minewarfare & Clearance Diving (MCDOs) and Mine Clearance Diver ratings, both responsible for EOD/IEDD. Take a look at this page and this page on the RN website, particularly the videos and information packs.
  9. Cheers for the links Naval Gazer.

    Mine Clearance looks as though it may be of interest, definitely worth consideration. Anyone in the trade?


Share This Page