Tracksuit!!! - Raleigh???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jonno_0002, Jul 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In my list of items to take to Raleigh, a tracksuit is mentioned as a requirement! Can somebody who's been or knows what they're talking about help us out here? With me leaving on 22nd of this month (when it should be warm), will sports shorts and T-Shirts be good enough. Its just im a little short on the old cash at the moment, and don't really want to be splashing out for a shell suit or something! However, if i have to i will! Can anyone help?

2. It's not a shellsuit they want mate, it's just a good honest trackie.

Don't spend loads trying to be a fashion icon, as soon as you get there every f*cker looks the same.

Within the first few weeks you'll have bought yourself some nice 'RN' or 'Navy' trackies anyway.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The reason for the tracksuit is not just for before & after sports activities.

When you join, your civilian clothes are placed in the baggage store. When you're washing & ironing your uniform for kit musters & the following day's activities, it's generally considered to be "Good Form" to be wearing something rather than wandering around bollocko. Hence the tracksuit.

You don't need to buy an expensive one.
  4. Ron Hills mate, and if you are female, take some high heels to go with them ;)

In all honesty, I would go down to BHS or Tesco's etc etc and just buy a plain Blue Tracksuit. That will do the trick :)
  5. ha ha! Bollock naked aint my thing Ninja (unless theres women involved)! Cheers everybody, think i will invest in a cheap tracksuit. All very helpful. Ta.

6. fella just go to jjb sports they are selling them of for about £20 a tracksuit ... i still felt wrong parting with £20 for a trackie though
  7. When you join the RN to-day, are you not issued with everything that you require? And if you have bought it, does it have to be laid out on a kitmuster?

Bring back KUA (Kit Upkeep Allowance) for those that are not familiar with acronyms. : :whew:
  8. Ah, the good old days, higs. :thumright:
  9. Thats a good point - if you buy it yourself does it have to be laid out with a kit muster?
  10. Going into one of the greatest ' services ' in the world why be peso about investing in a TS . Go big buy two bastards of good quality and have the crown and a big RN on them , have pride in the service and it pays to advertise , go RN and consider yourself fortunate to be part of it , YEAH !!!
  11. I thought the mob had started issueing a track suit kind of thing involving chopping up old ovvies, did that die a death? I saw it on some PAC guys in 95!
  12. What ever happened to the pussers towel (or your own) around the waist and a pair of flip flops, derigeur in the Corps in my day whilst ironing the evening wear ..Er, I mean the next days rig. :money: Save your beer tokens for the NAAFI. :thumright:
  13. Can't do that now the female of the species is there too, and if you could, it wouldn't be in a pussers towel, they don't issue towels any more either :dontknow:

Regarding putting your own stuff on kit muster, nope doesn't happen, as your kit muster has to match a little picture they give you of how it should look (with just pussers kit).
  14. I thought you were now required to supply appropriate 'sleeping/bed attire'?

And I seem to remember being able to put your Jim Jams in your Kit Muster, there's also 'the bottom drawer' for anything else (neatly folded, brown side down, of course!)
  17. Just out of interest:
    At Raleigh do they still have the class system ie a group with a class leader. If so, then how does that worked with mixed sexes in separate messes.
    Getting everyone in the right gear, to the right place, at the right time must be a tad difficult.
  20. Good advice - don't waste money on anything fashionable.