Tracking Down a WW2 Service Record

Bad CO

Admin
Posted on behalf of @Bobster who hasn't managed to sort out creating a new thread:

I’m trying too find my fathers Royal Navy service no as a child my father recounted a story of being on a ship which was sunk resulting In Him spending many hours in the sea on a life gurney I have come up against wall after wall and need help please my fathers name was William John Martin his birth was 7/9/27 he was from Cornwall and worked in the engine room when he was allegedly sunk this took place sometime in ww2 whilst he was serving in the Royal Navy later on he joined the merchant navy hope you can advise me help me many thanks
Anyone able to help?

Bad CO

Admin
Surely that only works if you have a service number? It would appear that Bobster doesn't even have that?

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Surely that only works if you have a service number? It would appear that Bobster doesn't even have that?
It's easier with a service but if you have DOB DOD etc they can still find them, the more information you can give them the quicker they can help

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Tracking down old ship mates from 1930s- 1940s! History 5
MoD_RSS First Operation for RAF Poseidon tracking Russian Warship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biometrics Commissioner statement on the use of symptom tracking applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fish and Chips - Tracking Salmon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 million boost for UK smart waste tracking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Smart tracking of waste across the UK: GovTech Catalyst competition winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government stakeholders endorse DASA’s safety at sea competition - Get the Ship in Shape: accounting for, and tracking, personnel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Extra dial-in and 1-2-1 sessions announced for Get the Ship in Shape: accounting for, and tracking, personnel competition MoD News 0
trelawney126 Cookies and Tracking ?New regulations Bloody Computers 1
S Tracking the fastest thing in the world Current Affairs 4
geoffg Mobile Phone Tracking Diamond Lil's 5
andym Tracking the Lincolnshire Poacher. Current Affairs 3
D Tracking Grandpa's Naval history! Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS Reforms to Companies House to clamp down on fraud and give businesses greater confidence in transactions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Prime Minister Abe stepping down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rogue emergency services publisher shut down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tougher fines ahead of Bank Holiday to crack down on illegal gatherings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Futuristic ‘village’ concept launches at Worthy Down Station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The fighting chance: breaking down barriers to veteran’s well-being MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to crack down on the Illegal Wildlife Trade in Guatemala and Mexico MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Car parking investment companies shut down in court MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online cryptocurrency trading platform shut down by courts MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Cabinet Secretary to stand down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA Chairman Andrew Tyrie to step down MoD News 0
BillyNoMates List of statues to be pulled down and the reason(s) why. Diamond Lil's 26
MoD_RSS Courts shut down rogue education publisher MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to crack down on the Illegal Wildlife Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clamping down on risk of unsafe PPE MoD News 0
soleil The News: "Royal Navy Destroyer Prone To Breaking Down In The Gulf Leaves Portsmouth For Key Engine Upgrade" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS Trade Remedies Authority Chief Executive Designate steps down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir Ian Cheshire to stand down as Government’s Lead Non-Executive Director MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government cracks down on spread of false coronavirus information online MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Lock-Down thread 2020. Diamond Lil's 563
MoD_RSS Government knocks down barriers to productivity for tenant farmers MoD News 0
C Life at worthy down as a RFA chef apprentice RFA 12
MoD_RSS A raft of ideas to help track down the elusive water vole MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women leading the way in breaking down boundaries in science and innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Save the Children UK let down complainants and public over handling of allegations of workplace harassment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary clamps down on shoddy housebuilders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary celebrates UK-Australia trading ties as Cambridge-based business invests £100m Down Under MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Journeys to be planned down to the minute as open data revitalises bus use across England MoD News 0
soleil Mail: RM Found Face Down In Freezing Water During Beach Assault Exercise - Update The Corps 6
MoD_RSS HPV vaccine drives cancer causing infections down to very low levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Passengers to plan journeys down to the minute as big data revitalises country’s bus use MoD News 0
soleil FB: RN Photographers: What Happens If A Pilot Goes Down Behind Enemy Lines? Video By LPhot Dan Shepherd The Fleet Air Arm 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary Medicine Directorate telephone lines are down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SIR KENNETH BLOOMFIELD TO STEP DOWN FROM ICLVR MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More funding to help crack down on criminal landlords MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New solar panels generate savings at Worthy Down MoD News 0