Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

TRACK AND TRACE

Is NZ using the same criteria for the risk level as the UK?

I did see that NZ declared zero cases earlier in the week, well done to them. But I guess it's easier when you are so well isolated, geographically, to begin with. If only we (the UK) had sea all around us, with a navy and a boarder force to police it...….

Ah, I'll get back to you....
that's all fine, its them dam airplanes that keep bringing in people, put them in quarantine I say.o_O

People trying to dodge the boarder force, NZ don't have that as they are trying to escape? ;)

Last edited:
Is NZ using the same criteria for the risk level as the UK?
No, I looked at what you have, doesn’t say what people need to do, ours tells people what they should be doing.
Bit like the Andrew, do this, do that, report. Level 5 kiss your arse goodbye. Now wash your hands!

Scammers have started - from facebook

Just to let you know this is a telephone call my friend received today. Be aware folks. X
‘Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested postive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'

'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'

'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'

'Right. Um... so ....'

'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'

'Ok (gives address)'

'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalise this and send the kit to you.'

'Sorry - a payment card? I though this was all free?'

'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £500 for the kit, and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'

'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'

'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'

Puts phone down.

This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.

Don't fall for it...!

Scammers have started - from facebook

Just to let you know this is a telephone call my friend received today. Be aware folks. X
‘Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested postive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'

'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'

'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'

'Right. Um... so ....'

'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'

'Ok (gives address)'

'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalise this and send the kit to you.'

'Sorry - a payment card? I though this was all free?'

'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £500 for the kit, and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'

'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'

'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'

Puts phone down.

This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.

Don't fall for it...!

Shameful that these parasites are out there. As you say, there are always going to be some who will fall for this, which is what makes them do it.

Have you reported it to someone? Not sure who, but I would start with Citizens Advice.

Shameful that these parasites are out there. As you say, there are always going to be some who will fall for this, which is what makes them do it.

Have you reported it to someone? Not sure who, but I would start with Citizens Advice.

Wish I could report, but as I noted, this was from Facebook. A friend posted it and I thought it needed a wider audience.
I dont normally repost stuff off that platform but this is exactly the sort of stuff that is happening and targeting the vulnerable.
Tazz

Latest Threads